“Disappointed ”
Review of Sunset Fish Bar

Sunset Fish Bar
Ranked #84 of 142 Restaurants in Herne Bay
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I originally went to go here on mother's day, but it was full. So when we walked by today, it was our first choice. Unfortunately very disappointed, we ordered our food and drink and waited a good while before our drinks finally came to the table. We was then given our meals, my plate had 2 hairs on the side. The hair looked like it had been cut, so maybe somebody went for a haircut before they started their shift! So not a great start, we then had to remind them that we had not recieved our order of curry or gravy yet. The curry arrived but no gravy, eventually the gravy turned up. My daughter then found a white/blonde hair in her meal. I ordered a spring roll and was given a curry roll, my husband's fishcake was soggy and the curry was really watery.
To top it off, for saying it has not been open long the stains/dirt around the handles on the teacup plus inside milk jugs was horrid. What a shame as I definitely will not be returning.
I also hate to complain especially in a food establishment because I am so paranoid about my food being tampered with, so just paid politely and left.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very nice cod and chips served with coleslaw and a side salad. Proper chip shop chips and very creamy and tasty homemade ice cream.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

This was awful - the fish was over cooked and tasted as if it had been hanging around for hours. The chips were like they were from the bottom of the fryer - very crispy and fatty.

The person serving was completely clueless.

There are far, far better places for good quality fish and chips in HB.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

Better than Harry Ramsdens! This was the best fish and chips we have ever had, batter on fish just right and not oily like most , the chips where to die for and to top it all the service , food presentation and portion sizes were so good.
Thoroughly recommend this fish restaurant.

1  Thank joybel
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

After going though all Fish and Chip shops on the seafront. This currently comes tops. Fish and chips not rocket science and some establishments do it better than others. At the moment this does it best end of.