“Easter Sunday”

Ranked #6 of 145 Restaurants in Herne Bay
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I decided to visit a Restaurant which we have been unable to go to for a while now. I used to go quite a lot when I worked for another employer but it’s not so easy now and was curious to find out how the food may have changed and if the same people ran it. I was not disappointed in the least as we were made to feel so welcome and it was a lovely atmosphere in as much the staff were really attentive and took our order straight away even though they were really busy. I ordered the turkey roast and my husband had the lamb, they even remembered we like extra gravy and put a gravy boat on the table when our food arrived which was lovely as you could tell it was gravy made just like our Mother’s made and not gravy granules topped with hot water. The turkey was cooked to perfection and the seasonal vegetables cooked perfectly. My husbands lamb roast being just the same so we were not dissatisfied at all with anything. We tried the jam roll with custard and it was absolutely divine. A glass of Chardonnay for me and a pint of beer for my husband made a nice accompaniment with our meal. I really like this place and highly recommend it to anyone visiting Herne Bay.

1  Thank 930junep

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

When we are in Herne Bay we always visit Mortimers for our lunch. Plenty to choose from their menu and all home made from their delicious roast dinners to their soups and desserts. The staff are very friendly and helpful making you wanting to return. And

1  Thank Helen B
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Visited today because I wanted to treat my mum to lunch for a belated Mother’s Day.
We decided to try somewhere new as we generally go to the same places for lunch.
The tables were clean and the staff we met were all really friendly.
We ordered our coffees and food and it all came out quickly.
I had a chicken burger and chips and mum (who isn’t adventurous but she is fussy), had a jacket potato.
My mum ate all of her meal and I can’t tell you how rare that is. She even said it was nice and that’s even rarer!
My burger was lovely too, although I don’t understand why the burger bun was buttered? That’s pretty weird. My mother in law does that and I always thought it was because she was ancient and didn’t really understand how burgers worked!
The food was all really nice though and it was a really pleasant experience.
My daughter (2) shared my meal and was given her own little plate which made her very happy.
We said we would both eat there again.

1  Thank lel1978
Reviewed 12 March 2018

The best roast dinner we've ever had!!!!
Great value for money.
Lovely friendly service.
Being Mother's day, we even received a lovely free gift for each lady.

1  Thank 44DL44
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Nice for lunch break food or quick bite while shopping.
Good value for money.
Great deserts good portions.

1  Thank Lllwing