“Saturday visit”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Quirky Cafe
Sandwiches made with proper doorstep bread Excellent fillings great selection of cakes
Staff were very helpful as we had baby in buggy and wife on crutchs
Also licenced to sell alcohol
Very busy
Well worth a visit if your visiting the old town

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Moody staff and not particular appealing place. Just standard cakes and not great coffee.. I was desperate to have a drink once and they would not let me pay by card without charging me more !

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Visited with my family at the weekend. I've been recommended this cafe and so was looking forward to the experience.
The cafe was very busy but we were lucky to find some seating for the four of us.
The interior is basic furniture but quirky and practical.
The menu is typical for a cafe and the prices are reasonable. My daughter wanted chips so I asked the lady who clearly was having a bad day and replied curtly and rather rudely" No just what's on the menu!".
I think a no sorry would have just sufficed?!
When my daughter later asked for some tomato sauce the same waitress was busy Behind the counter tossing her eyes to heaven.
The other staff however were very pleasant and the food arrived in good time.
I did note that on the small counter used to greet customers was the selection of cakes however I was concerned some of the cakes were not covered. The exchange of money and people at the counter made me think this should be covered?
We had hot food we didn't have the cakes the food was fine nothing spectacular.
Not sure we would go again. Certainly when it's not busy and when that waitress isn't working!!

Reviewed 9 February 2018

Amazing food, lots of cakes to choose from and more! Coffee and builders tea are on offer too. Quirky interior and cosy and warm in the winter months. Service is always with a smile and regulars chat to each other happily adding to the welcoming atmosphere. In the summer it has nice seating outside both sunny and shady depending on your preference. A great place to sit and watch the world go by. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

This is a very nice cafe. Right in the heart of the square. This coffee shop sells good quality drinks and food. Inside is a good atmosphere and the seating is comfortable. Well worth a visit.