“Pleasant surprise”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 25 February 2016 via mobile

I was here yesterday with my daughter visiting from London who being at the seaside wanted fish and chips. Unfortunately there aren't any decent fish and chip restaurants in the area and as we had both eaten fish and chips at other spoons pubs thought it the best place to go even though this particular pub is criticised badly by people I know in the area. The lady who served our wines was lovely also the guy who later took our food order. The fish and chips was delicious, a massive piece of cod in a bubbly golden batter also the chips cooked to perfection and I am fussy about chips ! I had garden peas that were petit pois my daughter had mushy peas both were also delicious . Even though there wasn't an offer on at the time for our meal it was extremely good value well under a tenner each and that's with wine!! There was a nice atmosphere in the place which was fairly busy and at one end you can lookout into Dreamland the other end looks out over the beach , perfect!!

Reviewed 15 February 2016

Decided to sample the steak meal deal - steak was cooked to how I ordered it - well done and very friendly staff. would visit again

Reviewed 10 February 2016

As Storm Imogen was very near the South East coast we didn't do much at Margate other than have lunch and a few drinks here.

First impressions were not good as the toilets are old fashioned and rather grubby too. The lady serving was very friendly and helpful. Food was ok and beer was as good as it always is at any Wetherspoons.

The outdoor upstairs balcony was locked due to the high winds but I had a look round upstairs and was very impressed with the room. Much more roomy and comfortable with great sea views for when its warmer and less windy.

1  Thank 1961GaryC
Reviewed 9 February 2016

Value for money or what great beer and the food is brill. Let alone the price its luny. Look at the sea view whilst relaxing.

Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

I have been to different Wetherspoons and I always enjoyed the food so nothing to complain about that but this restaurant is a bit old looking and really need updating especially the toilets.