“Afternoon coffee”

The French Gourmet Delicatessen
Ranked #12 of 46 Restaurants in Tenterden
Description: French delicatessen and bistro in Tenterden High Street - A taste of France in the Jewel of the Weald. Selling French cheeses, cold meat, patés, wines, &c.
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Normally have coffee at Costa, but have been meaning to pay this deli a visit for a while and am so glad we did. Just to state the obvious, I guess, that it is authentically French from both ownership to much of the food.
The coffee is great, I had 2 cups but the croissants were the star for me so had 2 of those as well - they come in from France and are baked on site and I'm afraid put the "acceptable" croissants in Costa, firmly in their place. My wife thoroughly enjoyed her coffee and raisin pastry as well. Give this place a try please; the owners are a charming couple and deserve to succeed in my opinion.
Not sure if papers are available but don't let that stop you!

Reviewed 16 September 2017

A real gem in Tenterden. Fantastic pastries and sandwiches, great coffee and always a very warm welcome. The produce is always freshly baked - I cannot fault it.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I was wowed by the choice of french produce to eat in or take home. I bought ewe's cheese by the gram but a whole truckle was also available at the time. Plenty of pastries and coffee for a continental breakfast/elevensies.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

What a great little place! We had a lovely lunch- hubbie had a sausage baguette and I had a fantastic platter of meats and cheeses. Really friendly French staff who recommended things to us. Pretended we were on holiday in France....instead of a tent nearby!

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Really excellent Croque Monsieur and coffee, thank you
So many choices of cafes in Tenterden, but this one highly recommended ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️