“Charming Italian place”
Review of Montalbano

Montalbano
Ranked #2 of 43 Restaurants in Tenterden
Reviewed 7 January 2018

I have visited Montalbano twice in the last week and both times have been fantastic. The first time I had mushroom risotto, which was creamy and delicious.The second time I had the pear and goat's cheese ravioli which I would highly recommend. It was one of the most delicious Italian dishes I have ever had, and is not like anything else you will taste. For desert we shared the nougat and chocolate sauce, which was also very tasty. The waiters are friendly and charming and attend to all needs promptly. I particularly liked that we were offered a large bottle of water immediately upon arrival, a very nice touch. I would like to take my friends and family who have not yet visited to share the wonderful experience!

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Went here with a group of friends for our Christmas meal.
From the moment we walked through the door we couldn’t have felt more welcome if they tried!
The choice on the menu was vast and the waiters were happy to answer our questions and quite comical with it!
The food we ordered came out in good time and almost looked too good to eat!
Without a doubt it’s my favourite restaurant in the town and I have promised myself I will be going there more than once a year from now on!!!

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Visited today for 3rd lunch. Fabulous! Attentive, efficient and friendly staff - so lovely to have more mature waiter/waitress who are truly professionals. My mother and I had fillet steaks which were excellent and my husband had risotto which he said was lovely. There was a large party eating but our service was still fantastic. Will return soon. Highly recommend. Keep up the high standards.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

We ate here for a family birthday without booking in advance. We were warmly greeted & shown to table. The staff are warm, friendly and efficient. The food was delicious, so fresh. The service was unhurried and unobtrusive but friendly.
We had a truly lovely meal and would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants to eat authentic Italian food.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

We decided to spend Christmas Eve with family and friends ....... and we all had the festive menu. The food was very good ......the service excellent and there was a pleasant festive , fun friendly atmosphere to keep the Christmas spirit alive....... you can be out by 11 ( we were the last to leave ) so can make the 11:30 Mid night mass....... A great start to the 3 day festivities!!...... we would do it again,,,,,