“Astounding value for money”

The Swan at Chapel Down
Reserve with OpenTable
The Swan at Chapel Down is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 46 Restaurants in Tenterden
Price range: US$22 - US$38
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 November 2016

We had the 3 course set menu again, fantastic value and fantastic food. We both had the mackerel starters then i had the beef main course and my wife the fish and we both finished with the chocolate torte. We added the extra cabbage but i did miss the triple cooked chips that were my favourite and are not served anymore. I don't know how they do it for the money, one of my favourite places to eat.

1  Thank NickfamilyKent

Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

Amazing food and great service in one of the nicest settings you could ask for!

The team went out of their way to accommodate us after we arrived late the day before missing the lunch and only just making the wine tour!

We will definitely come back!

1  Thank Tom B
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

After spending the afternoon on the vineyard tour and wine sampling I was looking forward to try the swan restaurant which is part of the vineyard, it was not a disappointment the menus is small but seasonal and fresh with a good selection , all the food was cooked to perfection, the waiters had just the right balance of leaving you alone but there when needed
I would definitely eat here again if I was in the area
I found the price to be very reasonable for the quality of food and service

1  Thank SteveT842
Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

We went for lunch after we had done the vineyard which was a lovely end the great day. The food was lovely and the staff was friendly and helpful. Will defiantly be returning.

1  Thank Sammix08
Reviewed 1 November 2016

We had lunch here after a wine tasting course which was purchased via red letter days for my husband's 40th. As this was part of a package I wasn't expecting much but oh my goodness, the food was sublime. I had the goats cheese and beetroot, followed by the beef and every mouthful was sheer perfection. The menu choice was reduced due to being part of the gift package but it included 3 choices of starters and main course. We topped this off with paying the extra for desert and a desert wine (nectar, which is the best desert wine I have ever tasted). This restaurant is a must if visiting the winery!

1  Thank Suevsue