“Finger licking bad !”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2021 via mobile

Went here for breakfast with my wife after reading good reviews. Two young ladies saw us in and sat us at a table. Both were polite and the restaurant appeared to be very nice and clean. Breakfast ordered and drinks on table I could see into the open kitchen where 4 or 5 staff appeared to be busy cooking and plating the food. However I then noticed a lady in the kitchen who appeared to be making some kind of sauce. To check the flavour the dipped her finger in and licked it off 5 TIMES that I saw without cleaning her hands and I think the chap next to her done the same thing. Breakfast was soon delivered to the table and looked very nice but we had lost our appetites and explained why to the waitress. I offered to pay for the drinks which the waitress waived and left. Don’t think we will be going back.
Morale of the story is that if you have an open plan kitchen learn how to behave properly in it.

4  Thank Nige1904
Write a reviewReviews (1,668)

Reviewed 22 May 2021 via mobile

What an amazing place! Everything about this restaurant is top quality- food is first class; top quality local produce, drinks menu is great, it’s an amazing atmosphere and the staff are AMAZING! Highly recommended for an outstanding meal. They even decorated our table for us for our anniversary- such a lovely touch. Thanks to all the team for a really lovely evening.

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank Trek30966775449
Reviewed 21 May 2021

We were only able to book online & not in person - which was a bit strange considering that their Website had problems earlier in that day. But we persevered & did book online. It was well worth it. The food was delicious & the service was very good. It's all seasonal fresh food & the menu was on the board.

1  Thank Cathy L
Reviewed 20 May 2021

We arrived in Whitstable after a two hour drive. We were warmly welcomed for coffee but the succumbed to some food. My wife raved about the eggs Benedict Royale. All the time were there the phone kept ringing for reservations. They are extremely busy and I would think that reservations are essential for dinner.

1  Thank Peter S
Reviewed 20 May 2021 via mobile

Nice staff, menu was boring and nothing tasted exceptional. I would normally have given a 3/5 but given they’ve been closed for 6 months, I’ve given them the benefit of the doubt. The wine list was not good, all wines had a poor rating on vivino.