“A lovely evening”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a lovely evening, the food was great, the service fantastic and the atmosphere was buzzing.
The food was delicious as was the Chapel down Bacchus and the cocktails.
The waitresses were really friendly, and nothing was too much trouble.
Will definitely return if in the area…

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,712)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Popped into Whitstable for a walk around as just heading to Wingham for our anniversary weekend and we popped into Samphire for an impromptu lunch ( we were eating light ). Shared olives (lovely portion size for 2 to share) - I had the cured ham, figs, Parmesan and rocket for my lunch and my husband had chicken liver parfait, onion and port chutney on sourdough toast! Both were absolutely delicious. The whole menu looks wonderful, thoughtful local produce and drinks and there were customers queuing to come in as we left!
In short - very highly recommended!
We will return for dinner that’s for sure ❤️

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just walking through whitstable and my wife spotted samphire for breakfast.my wife had heaven on earth I had the full English a couple of coffees what a treat our waiter was superb great humour. The food was 5* highly recommend this place
Thanks

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First time we’ve visited this Restaurant. A casual Bistro type experience but with some wonderful food, good wines, great service too. Salmon to start, generous portion and tasty too.
Dingley Dell Belly Pork for me - best belly pork I’ve ever had! Sublime.
All in all a fantastic evening and great service from all - in particular Maddie, who will now for sure visit the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
Great evening, thank you Samphire!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I thought this was one of the best meals we had eaten for a long time. It was cooking at its best. The ingredients were allowed to sing together. Clear thought had gone into each dish and the chef had nailed the flavours. I had a classic figs, ham and cheese starter and my wife citrus cured salmon. Both superb. My belly pork was fantastic. Crackling that was delightful crisp and meat that melted in your mouth. The addition of smoked cockles genius. My wife's beetroot risotto beautifully done.
In addition to this the staff were friendly, helpful and really cared about our enjoyment of the food. If you are anywhere near Whitstable go and try the food. This really is bistro cooking at its very best in a great atmosphere and lovely staff.