“I Love ⭐️ Bengal”

Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My favourite place to get a curry- staff are super friendly and the food is lit. Best curry in Whitstable by far! Ask for Sid or Dom, absolute legends

2  Thank Stella C

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Oh my god.

Saturday night, 24/03/2018, we planned to visit this Indian before going for a few drinks. I phoned them up just to double check if they had a table in about 45 minute's time, I was left on hold for a good 5 minutes. Anyhow, they had a table (apparently) so we were looking forward to a decent meal. However, when we arrived in the restaurant, we were ignored by the staff as everyone in the restaurant was complaining to them and asking where their food was. A table of four got up and walked out without even eating. We were a bit dubious, but was starving so we were sat down in their now empty table. Ordered drinks which were relatively quick but that was only because the waiters had nothing to do besides be moaned at by waiting customers. We asked to order and were told 'no rush, a few minutes please' and then behind us, two tables walked out and wished us good luck. We decided at that point to not even bother as by this time it was already 9 and I didn't fancy waiting over an hour for a sub-standard meal.

Don't waste your precious time away in this terrible restaurant, it's a shame as there are no decent Indian Restaurants in Whitstable. Krishna is nice food but awful interior. The same evening, we went to the Shad in Herne Bay who were very accommodating and the food was lovely.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We don't eat many takeaways so it was a real treat to get one. However sadly the Star of Bengal ruined our evening. We ordered takeaway at 8pm and were told it would be an hour. Fair enough it was Saturday. At 9.25 my husband called asking where our food was. Apparently it was ready but they were waiting for a driver. (We live 5 minutes drive from the restaurant but by this time I was in pjs with a glass of wine and didn't want to drive!). At 9.45 husband called again. Apparently it was on route. The food arrived at 9.55. It was cold, greasy and bland. Part of our meal (the pilau rice!!!!) Was missing. However by that time we were both so damm hungry we just ate what we could after microwaving it. Instead of having a cosy night in we ended up not eating til 10pm then being too uncomfortable to sleep. Shocking. I wanted my husband (he ordered and paid) to call and complain and at least get refunded for what we didn't receive but by that time he was so irritated he would have ended up yelling. ! I will never use them again. I'll go to spices next time. Far better.

1  Thank elenorrigby1
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When we went the place was packed, which turned out to be a good indication of the quality of the food. It was truly excellent with a menu full of special dishes as well as the old standards.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Have eaten in this restaurant before and always enjoyed the food but waiting for over an hour for our meal I don' t findacceptable