“Nice food and drink”
Review of The Emporium - CLOSED

The Emporium
Price range: US$9 - US$17
Description: The Emporium is a bar and diner. The bar serves cask and craft ales, premium lagers and a wide selection of wines and spirits. There is a gin bar to the first floor. The excellent value food menu offers freshly cooked fare including steak, pizzas and burgers.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Had some lovely vegetarian food and drinks of beer. Staff really lovely. I have seen other comments and l really think they are petty.

1  Thank Paul D

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

This pub has taken over from the kitchen theatre. Such a let down from what once was. This is the first time we have been here, I had such high hopes. Unfortunately i have been seriously disappointed. No drinks list, no drinks menu in sight I asked for one and received the wine list., no specials chalkboard etc for anything food or drinks although this is advertised on the menu. Typical English food, fish and chips/ burgers etc. We placed our order and waited 15 mins, Once our starters arrived. The small bread roll was still frozen in the middle. This was promptly changed by the waitress who was very apologetic. We received our mains. I also ordered a bottle of sparkling Water for 2 . I received a small bottle of Buxton sparkling water. I would of liked a bottle for two people. This could of been misinterpreted by myself, no big deal. I didn’t appreciate the lipstick marks on my glass though. This again was promptly changed by the waitress. Again she was very apologetic. Received our mains. I had ordered the salmon and prawn pasta. The prawns were tiny and rubbery. The salmon ....... what salmon. What salmon I did find was rubbery and hard, pretty much inedible. By this point I was tired of complaining and just wanted to leave. My partners fish and chips were standard enough nothing to write home about. Not bad, but not great.

This “Diner and bar “ has so much potential. The waitress was lovely and couldn’t do enough for us. The manager, however didn’t offer and apology. He asked me if everything was ok. I felt as though because I’d complained twice already, I couldn’t complain again so just nodded. I paid the bill and left. I will not be returning. It’s a shame the emporium could be so much more. The previous owners “the kitchen theatre” is missed.

1  Thank nicola d
Reviewed 29 March 2018

I went to the Emporium a few weeks a go for Mothers Day. Fantastic service and food, would not hesitate to return again. They also have menus for people with special dietary requirements.

1  Thank Luke C
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Been to the Emporium a fair few times now, am always well recived, food is always well presented and generously portioned and most importantly tastes great. The owmners are very freindly and accommodating as i have a dairy allergy. i will definitely be back in the near future and would highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Keithgomes
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Visited with my family, I really enjoyed the food. For starter I had the black pudding scotch egg and i absolutely loved it. I had the chicken burger for my main which was also very tasty, I would most definitely recommend The Emporium to anyone. The staff were also very polite and friendly and regularly checked up on us even though it was very busy, I will most defiantly be visiting again very soon!!

1  Thank mattyhurstt