“celebration”
Review of Bonny Inn

Bonny Inn
Price range: US$11 - US$50
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Recently refurbished in conjunction with Daniel Thwaites by the team behind the Higher Buck in Waddington. We offer a modern take on British pub food with ever changing specials. A fully stocked bar is also available with cask ales, draught beers and lagers and an extensive wine list.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Took my sister here for her birthday the food was excellent. A varied menu with lots of choice for everyone. It was a bit pricey but

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booked in for 8pm on a Saturday evening, it was busy when we arrived which was a good sign. Shown to our table by around 8:10 and ordered food straight away. The service was fine although it felt a little slow between courses. When the food arrived though it was obviously completely freshly made so the wait was worthwhile, it was excellent. The party had three different starters and four different mains, no room for dessert as the portions were generous.

Starters were Black Pudding croquettes, Black Pudding Scotch Egg and two Beef Rib (specials). Mains were Venison burger, Duck Wellington, Chicken Kiev and a Cod dish.

We really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere and when the bill arrived it felt less expensive than expected. Recommended place to try, we will go again.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Fabulous meal yet again. Very accommodating, even with a late booking. Staff are friendly and efficient, even with an incredibly busy service.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Thoroughly enjoyable evening with friends at the Bonny Inn. Great atmosphere, good food, excellent timing between courses. Tip of the week...photograph the specials board and take it back to the table as most people forget some of the courses offered and have to go and look again! Well worth a visit. All tables were full, so plan ahead and book early.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Just visited here with friends as a last min decision due to our suggested venue being closed so didn't have chance to check the menu beforehand. I'm current dieting and there wasn't a lot of healthy choices on the menu apart from salad which I wasn't paying £14 for in a pub. Opted for a kids steak which was said to be served with chips, peas, tomatoes and mushroom,this was a kids meal at £9 might I add. I asked if I could swap the chips for a jacket potatoe but as they didn't jackets I swapped for a bit of salad, asked for the steak cooked medium. My food arrived with a piece of steak that was barely cooked and a small salad drenched in dressing. I queried whete the veg was and was told i didn't get any as I had asked to swap the chips!!! A lady came over to assist and advised that it was only meant to be served with chips and peas but I pointed out on the menu it stated peas, mushroom and tomatoe ... I mentioned to the lady I was on a diet (catering for dietary requirements is mentioned on the bottom of the menu) and that's why I had ordered the smaller portion and asked to swap fries etc. She kindly brought me a bowl of vegetables (not the peas tomato and mushroom) however it was absolutley saturated in butter... even after I had just stated about the diet. Needles to say I couldn't eat anything on my plate ... had this been a £4 kids portion I probably wouldn't feel so miffed but it was £9!!!

Staff were very nice and was lovely to our children but the service was also very very slow... we waited a very long time for the food to come and the other 3 meals were only sandwiches. One of the other members of our party ordered soup which it was explained was put through as a starter but we wanted this to accompany sandwiches.

After today's visit I don't think we would be likely to visit here again.