“I do love this place!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Rainford
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: We serve fresh meals, prepared from scratch using local ingredients wherever possible. From sandwiches, to fish & chips, hot pot and more. Our breakfast are one if the best in the area (reviewers words not ours) - the exclusive 'Rainfordian' sausages we use are legendary! We serve real coffee, fresh cakes and afternoon teas from 3pm. All set in our cosy farmhouse! Make an afternoon of it visiting the farm for free, with animals for the little ones to meet, our on site essential oil distillery and shop and our lavender field in the summer months. There is also a selection of artisan businesses in the courtyard and the second Sunday in the month we hold a 50+ stall farmers market with award winning local produce and local crafts.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

A friend and I came here for a late brunch, and had a beautiful meal as we always have done in the past! Both of us had breakfasts, which were delicious and perfectly cooked. We also had a very interesting 'lavender and honey cake' which was scrumptious! It's a lovely cosy atmosphere inside, with friendly staff and nice views out of the window. What I like the most is that food is homemade - and certainly tastes better for it! Keep up the great work, and definitely pay a visit if you're passing by!

Jo E, General Manager at Inglenook farm, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Hello Simon,
Thank you for your kind comments - I'll be sure to pass your feedback on to our team. We're famous for our breakfasts which is why we've expanded our menu in-line with direct customer feedback - I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your meals!
Our chefs work hard to ensure we offer a good variety of homemade dishes to suit all tastes and I'm glad that the proof is in the pudding (or should that be lavender and honey cake?!).
I'll look forward to seeing you at the farm again soon - I highly recommend visiting our monthly Artisan Market for loads of homemade food goodies and crafts, held on the second Sunday of the month!
Thanks, Jo.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We visited the monthly farmers market which was excellent with lots of good value products. I could imagine it is very good in the Summer.

Jo E, General Manager at Inglenook farm, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Hello Dave,
Thank you for your kind comments - I'm very pleased you enjoyed our Artisan Market so much! While we always have a great turnout for our monthly market, it certainly does have a different vibe in the summer months! I do hope you'll join us again to see how our traders vary their wares for your enjoyment throughout the year.
With kind regards,
Jo

Reviewed 15 March 2018

Average, average and just about average. This my was my first visit and my daughter had only visited once before. My daughter and I visited midweek for lunch. Staff were welcoming and attentive. The menu I thought was a bit bland and expected a bit more. We ordered two mains of mince beef and onion pie which were served with chips and mushy peas...difficult to get excited about but not a great deal of choices. Pie was just mince beef in a dish with what appeared to me to be a separately cooked tasteless flakey pastry topping plonked on top. It was seriously flakey and difficult to eat without it crumbling and flaking all over the place. Shortcrust pastry topping would've been better. Acceptable...that's it. Chips were frozen chips. I thought a lot more effort would have gone into the dishes. It's a shame as it's a nice setting but based on my own experience I think this is the only thing they depend on. We should have gone to The Colliers instead.

1  Thank Lesley C

Hello Lesley,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments and I'm sorry that you were left disappointed by your experience. May I ask if you expressed your dissatisfaction before your bill was paid? We never want any customer to leave us unhappy and we will always rectify any issues at the time to ensure your satisfaction and enjoyment. I'd like to talk more with you about your experience here - if you're willing, please drop me an email at enquiries@inglenook-farm.co.uk for the attention of Jo, and we'll talk more.
With kind regards,
Jo

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Went here on the second Sunday of the month when there is supposed to be an Artisan market, and when we got there it turned out it had been cancelled due to the weather. There was nothing on the website to indicate this. Only about 3 shops were open and we left after 20 minutes. The website makea the place look and sound great but it waa a far cry from the reality of what is basically a set of farm shops

1  Thank Adam D
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

The Inglenook Farm cafe is a lovely friendly place, and the coffee is always freshly ground and smells fab. There is a good range of traditional food (try the pie of the day, all-day breakfast, or home-made burgers), and it's good to see plenty of choice for vegetarians too!!

The staff always make us very welcome indeed, and there are also some lovely animals to see (donkey, tiny Shetland ponies, pygmy goats, guinea fowl, and even a peacock some days!).

It gets very busy indeed on Market days, and you really need to book on other days as well, if there are more than four of you, to avoid queuing. All in all, a great little place.