“regular visitor from overseas”

Premier Inn Ashby De La Zouch Hotel
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Always good.. clean convenient and great staff . Pays to book ahead . Stay hear about 3 times per year .. Wifi is a bit dodgy if you get too far from reception but other than that , it is all good ......

Room Tip: book early
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank David M

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights, the work outside didn't bother me at all. The receptionist explained the times of the works and I found this helpful and fully acceptable.
I stay in this hotel twice yearly and have done for many years due to business in the area but this time I was disappointed.
While the bed was made and fresh towels given after the first night when I returned to the same room for the next night I noticed that the cups hadn't been cleaned /replaced nor the sachets topped up of milk /tea /coffee. The bins hadn't been emptied.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2017

After traveling from Cornwall to the north of England we decided to stop at this hotel for the night to break up our journey. The staff were lovely and extremely welcoming. If needed we would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Stayed here several times before staff extremely helpful and friendly from manager to cleaner. Glad the hotel is finally having some much needed investment from Whitbread, With great staff we hope the hotel will get a really good refurbishment to compliment and not just the basic paint job and new mastic which was in our room. It is in need of new fixtures and fittings i.e sink taps and basin, pug and drain, hand rails in bath chromes is peeling off! Please up date the family rooms much needed along With a few extra plug sockets in the room would help.

The restaurant is tired and would recommend PVA glue for the ceiling and then paint after a large flood as a massive stain on ceiling along with scuffed wall paper and food splatters on the walls and ceilings New carpets to please. I'm not saying this to be awkward but I was always taught to look with my eyes in retail! The hotel is great value and clearly has a well led motivated team by Abby the manager. Ella Louise our waitress was such a great host and engaged so well with our 3 year old and 5 week old thank you.

I'm not against people smoking but find it frustrating with 2 children that people smoke right outside the entrance leading is it possible Whitbread could do something across the board about smoking I know its a challenge but just a thought
Once again we will be back and tahnk you all again at the hotel

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

I wouldn't stop here again my sister and i were told there would be work carried out right outside hotel a day before we arrived which put a damper on our holiday. I must say that was not the problem the problem was we booked twin room only to find one double bed one child like bed. I did not sleep well as the smaller bed was too small and uncomfortable ! I have stayed in other premier inns and always found to have two twin beds ! On a plus point the restaurant next door to hotel brewer's fare was lovely ! We booked a table and can't fault the service of that place it was excellent! Only reason am giving 3 stars !

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashby-de-la-Zouch
3.3 km away
20.3 km away
Best Western Nottingham Derby
16.5 km away
Premier Inn Derby South Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Ashby De La Zouch Hotel? Share your experiences!