“Could be better”
Review of Smokehouse

Smokehouse
Ranked #86 of 207 Restaurants in Grimsby
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This place could be so much better if it had better management. We were told by the young waitress trying her best that 'they have no salad because the manager is never in and doesn't bother to do the orders' this is odd why doesn't a restaurant have salad.. why not go to the shop?? Service was slow and the food didn't come out in good time for example 4 meals arrived then it was a good 5 minutes waiting for the rest. I think the staff here try hard but they are let down by poor management.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Visited during the week, (wasn’t busy).
Terrible service (from Holly I recall?)
Took over 20 mins to take our drinks order. 45 mins to take our food order. The food came before our drinks did. Things missing from our order. The cocktails were poorly constructed and the food lack lustre.
After spending £150+ the waitress chased us out of the restaurant and accused us of not paying the bill after we left every pound and penny on the table. Won’t be visiting again, or recommending. Thanks Smokehouse

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Great looking restaurant. Exciting menu too! We had a starter which was great but then struggled to eat out magnificent main course!! Great place to go with a crowd.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

After sitting down just after 6pm in a near empty restaurant, initial service was quick, I ordered a pint and for my main the “famous” smoke sausage and burnt ends, and the smokehouse loaded fries.
Upon delivery the food looked very nice, and I couldn’t wait to tuck in, that was the biggest mistake of the evening.
I cut into the burnt ends, which was feat in itself, and gave it a chew, and chew I did for what seemed an eternity before giving up and utilising a napkin! I can only describe it as eating a big thick chunk of beef jerky, it was like boot leather. The famous smoke sausage was nothing more than what I’d expect to pick up in a half decent butchers. As for the smokehouse loaded fries, it is still baffling me how they cooked them. It was like freeze dried melted cheese on top of luke warm chips, after peeling the lump of cheese to the side, the incredibly dry fries were also a disappointment.
On top of this the waitress must have forgotten me, and not offered another drink, until 10 mins after I’d finished to collect my plate. On asking how my dinner was and relaying the above, there was a here’s your receipt and I’ll let the kitchen know!!
As a personal recommendation I’d rather eat sausage and chips around the corner chippy, that are freshly cooked. I will not be visiting again sorry.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Was not told to order at the bar when shown to a table. Ordered 4 meals. Three were delivered. Guess which one arrived much later?
Cocktails took forever to arrive. This is because, we were told, they were not a cocktail bar even though they are heavily marketed there.
Complained and was told there were issues we were not aware of. A restaurant customer should never know there are problems.
Will not be returning.