“A really welcoming and accommodating place”
Review of The Game Cock Inn

The Game Cock Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Austwick
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Romantic
Description: Welcome to The Game Cock Inn a Traditional Yorkshire Dales pub, restaurant and B&B with a cosy bar, real fire, award winning restaurant, delicious food with a French twist and comfortable, quality accommodation.
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

My partner booked this place so we could do the three peaks. It's a lovely place and is often busy with locals which is reassuring.

Our room was a little small but tbh perfectly decorated and had an ensuite.

We're also vegan so staying at a pub with a French restaurant was a bit daunting but honestly the kitchen was so accommodating and helped us stay vegan while there.

I couldn't recommend this place enough. The staff are so friendly, the food is delicious and the rooms were lovely.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,180)

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We had to come back after our first dinner at the Game Cock Inn!
Chips to die for, steak rabbit or fish this kitchen can cook it all!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Beautiful and comfortable room. Fantastic food - both French cuisine for dinner and very tasty breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

We have been to this very friendly pub/restaurant a number of times, but today rather than just a snack for lunch we had Duck confit, mushroom, chive mash potatoes and bourguignon sauce. It was divine, every fork full, so tasty but not leaving you bloated, just happily fulfilled,
As always lovely helpful staff. Our dog also always welcome in the pub area, which is very cosy, with fire blazing.
Will visit again when we are next up here. Thank you.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

What can I say, the food was a treat to eat, flavours one only dreams about. The duck and the chicken “specials” were Devine. The staff were as warm and welcoming as the wonderful roaring fire. Having sneaked a forkful off a plate that was not mine,I burnt my mouth, the chef (I think) asked me if I required a glass of water, such wonderful care and attention.