“Easter Sunday 2018”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

After reading reviews on trip adviser and Google about The Royal Oak I thought it has to be worth a visit. Mistake. Staff very friendly and helpful food very poor apart from the roast beef. Had to wait nearly 20 minutes in ten carvery que, then another 10 minutes for potties veg etc. Run out of Yorkshire puds, carrots,parsnip,mashed potatoes,cauliflower cheese, sweet corn even gravy. And this was at 4.30pm, don't finish serving carvery until 7.00pm. When mash and peas refilled peas just warm mash lumpy and gravy lumpy. Very poor quality. Gentleman who was serving meat looked very embarrassed about it and must have been sick of apologising for no food. Roast beef and roast potatoes very good, but not worth he £7.95.

1  Thank Dave W
TheRoyalOakPub, Manager at The Royal Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Good afternoon I’m really sorry for late response. Firstly can I apologise that your visit to us was not all you had hoped. Easter Sunday was a exceptionally busy and we had more people come in than we anticipated. As a result of this we didn’t always have enough food on the carvary as we needed so the kitchen were working as best they could to keep the Carvary stocked up. I apologise if you had to wait for some of the items.This isent a regular accurance and we endever to keep our customers going away happy and I’m sorry on this occasion we didn’t meet your standards. If you have any more enquiries please don’t hasitate to call us. Thank you

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We had a meal .dog friendly pub the meal was very nice we had pie and chips the pie was lovely, a nice big piece.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

2nd year we have been back here and the food is always spot on. Big portions of home cooled food and......... real chips! Only let down was table wasn't cleared after main course and we had ordered deserts so not great. Would defo go back

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

When here as had been recommended that the play area was good. It was freezing as there was an outside door kept open. Play area is nice. Food was very standard at an above standard price. One meal only warm not hit and another was wrong and when replaced it was burnt. Skeleton staff on so had to wait a while fire everything. Will visit again for the play area but I will make sure I'm dressed in warm clothing and have eaten before I arrive.

1  Thank Linzi F
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

I'd just come out of hospital after 9 days and my partner and I decided to give this a go on a recommendation. So glad we did, the carvery was spot on, loads of meat, plenty of potatoes and veg to choose from and all home made. Would have enjoyed it even more had I been feeling better. Certainly go back again soon.

1  Thank DebraAlexander