Hi Suzanne/Emma/Paul/Kim & Team
A month on from the big day, we just wanted to get back in touch to let you know that we thoroughly enjoyed the day.
Back in January, when we started looking for a suitable venue (no more than 1 hours drive from where an elderly relative lives, due to her inability to travel too far), we didn’t really know where to start or how to narrow down to somewhere we thought would accommodate our needs but also feel luxuriously comfortable.
After researching various online review and wedding websites, we narrowed down to 3 hotels (one in Malton, one in Northallerton and yourselves) and flew to the UK.
There were 3 very important things for us -
1. The Hotel would be luxurious without being stuffy
2. The food would be of a high quality
3. There would be a least one accessible room
With this in mind, we visited the 3 hotels but there was another element that wasn’t on the above list that actually turned out to be one of the top reasons to make a choice – and that was the staff we met and their attitude.
We can safely say that Judges Hotel staff (Suzanne/Kim initially), from the moment we arrived welcomed us with open arms and in a genuinely friendly way. We had encountered professionalism in the other hotels but this went well beyond that to the point of making us feel truly comfortable but also trusting of yourselves hosting our wedding.
Over the 8 months from booking Judges to the big day, we had many many queries/questions for Suzanne but at all times, Suzanne was professional and friendly and always answered our questions promptly and even made some great suggestions which we took on board.
Prior to booking Judges, we knew we would have to rely on the hotel a little more than may be normal, as we live abroad. We needn’t have had any worries on this front as the coordination by Suzanne was second to none.
Then when the big day arrived, everything went seamlessly.
There was always someone on hand making sure everything went to plan (just wanted to call out Emma and Paul particularly).
How you guys managed to corral our unruly bunch, I don’t know!
Everything from the rooms, the bar man in the main hotel (really nice and genuine guy), the reception staff, the food, the function staff were fantastic.
All of our guests commented on how beautiful the hotel was and how the day went brilliantly.
Oh, and thanks for organizing such amazing weather on the day Smile. We couldn’t believe our luck!!
Finally, we would definitely recommend your Hotel to others for weddings and look forward to popping back at some stage when we are in the UK again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An AA's Inspector's Choice Hotel since 2003, Judges Country House Hotel continues to be an AA 3 Red Star Country House Hotel as well as boasting 3 AA Rosettes, first awarded in 2003, and is also particularly recommended by the Michelin Guide 2014. Consistently rated by "The Good Hotel Guide" and praised by both "The Times", "The Sunday Times" and "The Telegraph" newspapers Judges is one of the finest hotels and restaurants not only in the Middlesbrough area but also in the United Kingdom as a whole. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Judges Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Judges Country Hotel