“Lovely Saturday lunch”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Lovely menu. Very accommodating for my mother in a wheelchair and gave us a good table where I could wheel her chair easily. Really friendly staff. Thank you.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Having read the reviews I was really excited to come here for lunch - arriving on spec we didn’t expect to get a table to be honest. Our luck was in - or maybe not!
Quaint little pub with freshly white linen table cloths and linen napkins. Typical roast dinner , I had pork and my husband had lamb - the portions of which were not overly generous and came with two roast potatoes, and a yorkshire pudd. The veg came separate, and crammed into one bowl was cauliflower, carrots , cabbage , turnip purée and mashed potato. It didn’t look that appetising and as my husband said - took us way back in time!! The pub was very busy, of a certain age group and for us lacked atmosphere

1  Thank Happywanderers20
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff and a warm welcome for me, my wife and 2yr old - they even served his child’s meal with children’s fork and spoon!

Picture is of the Melton Mowbray Steak, a rib eye covered in a good Stilton.

The lasagne was lovely, rich and full of flavour and the child’s fish and chips certainly didn’t disappoint!

Would certainly head back.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

Used to visit a lot with Father and returned for a lunch whilst passing to Northallerton.
So glad we did, great to catch up with C and M and sample some great home cooked food and friendly service. Forgotten how proper food and gravy tastes. Great menu and generous portions .Looking forward to bringing family Sat night . Brought back some very happy memories.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We saw the sign on the 168 & decided to give it a try, so glad we did, all home-cooked delicious food