“Lovely creepy crawlies and more!”
Review of Bugtopia

Bugtopia
Ranked #1 of 110 things to do in Kettering
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: At Greentrunks Bugtopia Kettering you have the opportunity to handle and learn about insects from around the world. Booking on the website is recommended to avoid disappointment, as there are limited places in each session. The cost is £4.00 pp 2yrs and over and under 2 yrs to sit on parents lap. Suitable for two years and over at parents discretion. The session is approximately 45 minutes to an hour if full and times are 10.45am, 12.30pm, 1.45pm and 3pm. Arrive 10-15minutes before to book in. Refund policy and terms apply.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Took my grandson and we had a truly enthralling, educational and fun time! Guide was very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful!

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"little boy"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

This is a great place to take children.
Staff are friendly and experienced.

Would gladly go back again

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Went to this amazing place whilst visiting my grandson for his 3rd birthday. There were only ourselves and one other family on the day and so had a very laid back visit. The guy giving the talk was so knowledgeable which made the visit even more enjoyable. I personally only held the leaf insect, ok I'm chicken, but my son held every one of the bugs even a blooming trantula. I would highly recommend a visit well worth the entrance fee. Would have been good to have seen a snake (no I doubt I would have held one) but I believe that they are at the their zoo which I will definately go to on my next visit.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

I took 3 young children with me to Bugtopia! They really enjoyed themselves. The gentleman giving the talk was well informed on all of the insects and bugs and kept the children occupied. It was lovely to be able to touch and hold some of the insects some which we had never heard of, but also the good they do for the environment. I would definitely recommend a visit. Well worth the money and the cafe is a good price too, with a good variety of food to choose from.

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Only a small place. Nice western themed cafe where we waited until we were called in.
Our host Lee was great and his passion for the bugs came through on his presentation.
Very informative and our small group came away with a lot more knowledge and he welcomes questions from the group.
The room seats up to 30. There were only 12 in total and we all managed to handle the bugs. From a giant snail, stick insects, cockroaches, millipede and the tarantula.
Go at peak times maybe a bit of a squeeze. Taking kids under 4 isn't the best as they can't sit still and can't keep quiet. Older children would be more appropriate. Overall a great experience and will return with more family.
The road leading up to Bugtopia is full of pot holes. It is in the country side.