Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PremierInn.com
US$41
View deal
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews brewers fayre night's sleep night stay visiting family comfy bed comfortable stay no air conditioning main road the pub stayed here for nights cooked breakfast car park inns noise receptionist
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 June 2021 via mobile

5 stars Premier
1 star breakfast - don’t bother!

When looking to leave a review I found this from last year - I would pretty much write the same! ‘ Hotel was as always excellent, spotlessly clean with comfortable beds. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. Badly let down by the Brewers Fayre next door, which was dreadful. Dis-organised, poor quality food, bad service, not particularly clean. Only had one Supervisor who seemed stressed out and over worked. When I mentioned the method of ordering food could have a better system, she snapped at me "I haven't moved from this bar for 2 hours".’

The hotel was great, we had a family room, different to the one we had last time we stayed when visiting family but equally as spacious, clean and comfortable. Premier Inn is always my go to now for these types of stays as they are always pretty good.

Breakfast was a bit of a pickle. The breakfasts we’ve had at other places when they are part of the actual hotel have been great. This was part of the attached Brewers residents have access too. Like above, I don’t deny that the staff working worked non stop but due to the: lack of training, bad management, lack of a well thought out system, lack of staff, common sense or all of the above everyone seemed to be working hard but their efforts wasted. The lady took or order on a tally chart type order sheet but it was all wrong eg apple instead of orange juice, wrong items/things missing. Things that would have been really clear from the sheet that was written on. We were told it would be a while as each table gets done separately due to covid. We didn’t mind that. However, once most of the things arrived (not necessarily what we had asked for but at this point we just had whatever!) my little boy didn’t have anything. He just wanted a bowl of
Coco pops. We’d all finished ours by the time his bowl arrived. Surely that’s the easiest thing to wack on a tray whilst waiting for the hot stuff to cook. Next door table asked for extra (all you can eat offer) and were told sorry you’ll have to wait. They were still waiting by the time we left 30mins later for someone to bring some pastries over.
It seemed there was a clear lack of organisation, I don’t think covid can be blamed for everything I’m afraid, this was just bad leadership or systems and something that would be fixable.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2021 via mobile

Room is as all premier inns...large warm ..great helpfull staff...just a little thing..please clean between window and second screen..other than that...a good stay..Will stay again as very convenient for the a14

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2021

My firm normally use IHG for our rooms but for some strange reason the booked me in here and what an awful stay!!! I am here for 7 nights and before they say it...yes I understand about covid but in every other hotel I have stayed in during covid ( and I have worked throughout the pandemic) they at least clean your room at least once during a 7 night stay for hygienic reasons!!!! The biggest disappointment though is the WiFi. The free WiFi is a complete waste of time but the 'Ultimate' WiFi is very expensive and totally NOT ultimate at all, every night I have been in my room I have struggled with connection and slow speeds when I have been connected...unable to stream most nights....makes me feel like they have stolen the £15 I paid for it. From next week I am booked into a different hotel.....thank god!!!!

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Whitbread Hotels and Restaurants, Other at Premier Inn Kettering hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2021

Hi Andy

Thanks for taking the time to share your review.

I'm sorry to hear your room wasn't cleaned during your stay and that you had trouble with the WiFi, even after paying for the Ultimate.

Rooms are currently cleaned after every 6th night as advised online under the CleanProtect section, however you're welcome to request it to be done sooner and the team will see if they can arrange this.

I've passed your feedback regarding the WiFi onto Virgin so they can look into this further on their end. You can also call them on 0330 660 1136 and they may be able to look at refunding your payment.

I apologise for the disappointment and hope you'll give us another chance in future.

Kind Regards

Amy

Reviewed 20 November 2020

Well not only do I think it is difficult to stay here but it is mad difficult to make a poor comment.

As you insist on a long description then ok, you could not be bothered to service the room, you could not be bothered to top up the coffee, you could not be bothered to supply wifi that worked . I normaly use IHG hotels and now I know why.

I is a shame as the project that I am managing is only 10 minutes down the road but I am struggling to see why I should stay here for the duration.

I can't be bothered to service my room

Room tip: Could not be bothered to service the room. Try another hotel
Date of stay: November 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Whitbread Hotels and Restaurants, Other at Premier Inn Kettering hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2021

Hello ,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We're sorry to see that you had a disappointing experience on this occasion. We can appreciate how frustrating this must have been for you, finding problems with room servicing, WiFi and coffee provided.

Due to current restrictions, rooms won't be serviced during guests stays unless this is directly requested with the team, we're sorry if you weren't aware of this, or this wasn't completed following a request. Please be assured that your feedback has been passed to the Hotel Management and they will pick this up internally with the relevant teams and any required action taken to prevent this from happening again in future.

Again, our sincere apologies and thank you for taking the time to share your review. We hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to one of our hotels again soon for a more enjoyable stay.

Kind regards,

Lauren

Reviewed 26 October 2020 via mobile

We stayed at this premier inn for 2 nights. The rooms were clean and well maintained.
The staff were friendly and helpful.
The brewers fare pub/restaurant attached to the hotel were also very Covid safe.
The staff again were all very friendly and professional.
We had a couple of drinks in the bar and breakfast both mornings. The breakfast was very tasty and freshly cooked.
Great to be back to the premier inn.

Date of stay: October 2020