All reviews stayed for nights would stay again cooked fresh pubs and restaurants the main street biscuits attending a wedding b and b local area tracy ensuite proprietor dryer treehouse northumberland
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Although the room was big, wasn't very clean (edges and corners full of dust and cobwebs), there was mold around most parts of the ceiling.
We booked this B&B due to price and the offer of breakfast, which we missed everyday as they only serve it from 8am until 9am and were very inflexible thereafter. So we only got 1 B.
I had to ask for toilet paper as we ran out on day two and the room was never cleaned and bins never emptied in the 3 days we stayed there. Tiny bathroom - picture attached - which used to be cupboard under the stairs.
As we had a front room it was incredibly noisy with car and you could hear people's conversation. All in all expensive for what you get in return.
The only good thing about this place is the area.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank pipoquinha
Reviewed 31 July 2017

On entering the room, the smell of damp mould and urine Was prominent. On closer inspection we found mould and dirt throughout the room and ensuite. The bedding was ripped in many places and the purple throw was unwashed. The windows were either painted or screwed down and we were unable to open them, this caused condensation to pour down the windows.
In the ensuite the shower was dirty, the shower caddy which was placed over the toilet was rusty. The towels provided were hand towels , not big enough dry yourself with.
The small hand basin in the ensuite, the plug was broken from the chain, the water was dangerously hot with mould around the toilet and ceiling.
In the room the ceiling was so damp it looked in danger of coming down. The general cleanliness was very poor.
My husband who suffers with asthma, suffered through the night and had to use his inhaler throughout the night. In the morning, because of his Heath we were forced to leave

Room Tip: The dirt and mould can not be seen as the photos have been cleverly staged
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank teresamarshall
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Stayed for 3 nights while travelling to Seahouses & Farne Islands during the day, nice tidy room and good price, breakfast is included cooked fresh.
The location is good to tour the local area, i also visited Berwick upon Tweed during the stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2017

I had booked for my wife and I to stay at Castle Gate for a Friday/Sat night in June. Three days before we were due to arrive, my wife had a flare up of a serious medical condition (lupus) and so we could no longer travel as planned. I immediately contacted Castle Gate on the Tuesday morning and asked if they would waive or even just reduce the penalty (full payment for room). I said I would happily pay half. Even though our change of plans was due to an unexpected medical problem, they refused to show any sympathy and insisted on charging us the full room payment. I am sure Castle Gate would have easily been able to fill the room at such a peak time via Booking.com so very disappointed at such an unsympathetic attitude.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Algernonsmythe
Reviewed 29 March 2017

My husband and I spent a week here spotlessly clean very comfortable bed ,a bit of street noise but if your in the middle of a town what do you expect ,very central for lots of places for evening meals Tracy cooked your breakfast as you ordered it certainly couldn't complain about quality of the ingredients

Room Tip: Middle of town going to be some street noise
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple