“Good venue for snack lunch”

The Olive Branch Cafe
Ranked #30 of 121 Restaurants in Alnwick
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Contemporary and stylish, laid-back
Reviewed 8 September 2017

We only had tea and cakes (perfectly OK) but we saw some very tempting savoury snacks going to other tables and overheard several compliments being passed to staff. Service was quick and very pleasant. Nothing more to add!

Reviewed 27 August 2017

There are more stylish cafes in Alnwick but you will not find better food, better prices or better service. This is how cafes should be - service and food do the talking, not the decor. There is a choice of eating in or outside. It is a great place for a cuppa and scone or light meal.

1  Thank David K
Reviewed 25 August 2017

We had arrived in Alnwick and wanted a coffee and scone before picking up the key for our holiday accommodation. We saw the Olive Branch and thought it looked interesting. I ordered an Americano and my OH ordered tea and a scone each. Scones were dry and did not taste fresh and my coffee was quite the worst cup of coffee I have ever had - couldn't taste the coffee at all - it was as though it had been through the machine once already! The young staff were lovely and helpful, but not the older chap - he seemed quite disinterested. I thought the notice on the table about staffing issues was very strange and quite frankly, unnecessary, considering the young staff were very efficient!

Reviewed 23 August 2017

I had homemade soup with an artisan roll which was so tasty. Fruit scone to follow which was just like my Mums homemade, and a delicious coffee.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Stopped for a late light lunch during our stay in June.

I know Mum went for the quiche which looked amazing. I think I had a turkey and stuffing sandwich.

Coffee good and the Fat Rascals were excellent.