“First Timer”

The Potted Lobster
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Bamburgh
Price range: US$5 - US$74
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

When I booked a 3 day holiday at Bumburgh, the first thing I looked at the net is a seafood restaurant. The Potted Restaurant had a mixed review and since I love seafood, I need to visit this place. And yes..it exceed my expectations. Both my partner and his mum order the crowder for starter and I had the potted lobster special. Our mains are half lobster, venison wellington and hake. I’ve tasted all of the dishes although I choose the lobster and it was cooked to perfection. If I ate it at home, I’ll be eating it by hand. Venison was cooked in perfection, it’s tender and melt in your mouth. Hats off to the chef as i know how hard it is to get the proper timing in cooking it. Hake was well cooked and my boyfriend loves it. The Shiraz wine we order is quite musky and has a harsh bitter after taste, the chef says it is OK but It is not how It should taste. Looks like it’s been exposed to warmer area. Otherwise the FH was accommodating and replace our wine which taste better. Over all it was a good experience and I appreciate the hard work they put on the menu.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Our third or fourth family visit and we've never been disappointed. Chowder and potted lobster starters were superb as were the mains of turbot with brown shrimps and capers, monkfish with chorizo and olives and simple grilled lobster with chips.

The front of house ladies are brilliant , taking time out for our 4 year old grandson who wolfed down his fish fingers followed by ice cream!

The whole ambience is very relaxed with a "seafood shack" vibe and I can't recommend it highly enough..right up our street!!!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Visited for the second time whilst on holiday to bamburgh and the food was fantastic, again! I had the scallops with pork belly to start and I have never tasted anything like it..the scallops were fresh and the pork belly melted in your mouth. The 1/2 lobster Thermidor was amazing too!! The rest of the meals on our table we’re equally as delicious. The staff are friendly and attentive and the little restaurant has a great atmosphere.

1  Thank Lucy W
Reviewed 31 March 2018

The selection of dishes on the menu and on the specials made choosing the meal difficult.In the end chose home cured sea trout as a starter and what a tasty dish followed by twice cooked shoulder of lamb,again a very tasty dish.Everyone really enjoyed their meal.Will return.Staff very friendly and service excellent.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We got a voucher for Christmas and finally got round to enjoying a fantastic meal on a wet good Friday. The potted lobster starter was exceptional and the scallops and belly pork starter across the table was well received.. both the fish gojouns and haddock were perfectly cooked and the breadcrumb and batters light and crispy. Well worth the good reviews

1  Thank Chrissie G