“ Easter dinner was fantastic!”
Review of Red Gate

Red Gate
Ranked #3 of 177 Restaurants in Mansfield
Price range: US$11 - US$25
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Modern fine dining restaurant located in a traditional Public House
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We’ve been many times and love the staff, food, and place. The staff are very efficient and work extremely hard to ensure your visit is always a good one.
Food is tasty too!!

Easter special pud! Wasnt expecting that!!

Really enjoy this place, confidently recommend it.

Thanks

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Called in for a spot of lunch after shopping trip. Followed Tripadviser and didn’t regret it. Four in our party and all pleased with meals selected.
Please don’t be deterred with the area/outside appearance, the food is good. Can recommend if your passing.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have eaten at the Redgate on a few occasions and have never been disappointed. The food is out of this world and reasonably priced. Nothing is too much trouble for the friendly and welcoming staff. I would highly recommend that you try this little gem.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

I’ve eaten here a few times and have never been disappointed, until now. There used to be specials on a blackboard. They’re now printed out but don’t seem so special. The girl who served us, she tried to be pleasant enough but seemed totally disinterested. Asked a few questions about various dishes, seemed a chore to answer. We all ordered different dishes off the main menu. My pork was tough and the sauce described wasn’t great. The hasselback potatoes were quite nice though. My partner had a home made burger. It looked good enough but somehow lacked something, he’s had better burgers. The other 2 dishes again were pretty average. We ordered a sweet to share and a cheeseboard. I’m not a sweet fan but it looked lovely. Apparently tasted very nice. The cheeseboard was ok but could have been a little more generous. Maybe they have a new chef or it was his night off. A shame really as we all left feeling a little disappointed. I hope this was just a blip. Will we be back, I’m not so sure.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Not been for a while but as always not disappointed! The service was 10/10 the food was absolutely to die for ! Was delicious, I had goats cheese starter and platter of olives -!'main was the burger and chicken and leek lasagne & sweet potato fries and finished with a apple crumble . Can't wait to return ! My fav restaurant in Mansfield