“Step back in history”

Motts Military Museum
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Groveport
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

I found this museum by accident while looking on groupon for discounted ideas of things to do while visiting family in Ohio. My family & I are WWII reenactors & always stop at different museums. My husband & I very much enjoyed looking at the large collection Mr Motts has on display. We will definitely return on our next visit & bring our son with us to take a step back in history again!

All reviews
"absorb"
"equipment"
"field"

Reviewed 12 July 2016

My son and I had only a short amount of time to visit this museum. We both have interest in military stuff, and were surprised and pleased to see all that Mott's has. ranging from early American to Iraq, 9/11 and space shuttle, they have it.
Only issue is that many items are labeled with index cards and they are hard to read from the distance they are.
I would have liked to have more time, but we had to go. I would recommend 2-3 hours.
Price is very reasonable at $10 for adult, $5 for kids.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

The founder of the museum has a passion for preserving military history and has expanded to space and 911. This is a do not miss if your are near Columbus "Groveport" Ohio. A real treat is having Warren Motts himself conduct the optional tour. If you are a vet or are interested in this type of history don't miss it. It's worth a 500 mile or more detour.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

Every military veteran, their family members, their friends, each school, everyone should visit this museum. It is beyond what we expected to see and learn. We lucked out and visited on a day when a group of Navy Sea Cadets were on a tour with Mr. Motts and we were invited to join in. We left the group at times and joined in off and on along the way. There is rare items from Hitler's Eagles Nest, from each of the wars, WWI, WWII, Korean, Viet Nam,as well as 911, the space missions and much more. The price is $10 for adults, $8 for seniors age 62 and over. The price for children is lower, I believe it is $5.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 December 2015

As retired military, I always try to take in local museums when I find them during my travels. The Motts Military Museum is one of the best small museums I've been to. If you are within driving distance of Columbus, and love military history, you owe it to yourself to stop by. There is a $10 admission charge, but Seniors, veterans, and students get a discount.