US$108
Agoda.com
Pitchup.com
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewssunday lunchbridal suitecountry housemany occasionsthe early bird menuhis teamlovely settingtwo coursesafternoon teabirthday mealwedding venueexcellent foodfirst classmain coursefamily runwine listlamb
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

This is a gem of a place to stay at. Lovely location on edge of Oswestry, surrounded by beautiful countryside.

We stayed the one night, enjoyed. Lovely evening meal and then breakfast. Food was good and the staff very helpful and friend.

Recommended.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Visited today for an early mothers day treat of an afternoon tea.My daughter called yesterday to enquire and was told afternoon teas started at 2:30pm when my daughter said we were unable to make that time as we would have to do school pick up the gentleman on phone very kindly agreed to accommodate us at 1pm as it would be a relatively quiet lunchtime.
I am so happy to say we were not dissapointed the gentleman on desk whom my daughter thought was the same one she had spoken to her greeted us warmly and took us to our table in bar area asked us did we want drinks to which we declined and he arranged for our afternoon tea to be brought to us with an extra plate for 2 year old grandson.The sandwiches and cakes were delicious and extremely fresh and all 3 of us enjoyed it.
I will say 2 other diners were eating steak pie and chips and I decided I would soon be returning to sample that .

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Sean E, Owner at Sweeney Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Thank you for the great feedback. We are very pleased that we were able to accommodate your request. Happy Mothers day and we hope to see you very soon.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

I went to the Sweeney Hall for my sisters 50th birthday. I started off with a brambles cocktail which was enjoyable. My food was excellent the roast beef was the best roast beef I have ever had.

The staff are really friendly. I go to this restaurant on average about once per month so I highly recommend it.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Sean E, Owner at Sweeney Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Thank you Laura. It’s always lovely to see you and your family.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a short break hotel on the whole is lovely exactly the kind of hotel we favor .staff were great and the food was very good and reasonably priced . There were just a few niggles it was difficult to get a good night's sleep due to the pillows being so hard I think they were feather and I've never managed to get comfy with this type of pillow to be fair it's my personal preference and realize some people would not mind the type provided we found the shower to be very poor the shower could do with an upgrade . Shower screen needs attention the rubber round the glass edging is peeling away and has mildew / black mold also the blind could do with replacing it's got a part broken out of it and the bathroom mirror needs a bulb replacement as it didn't work . I'm sure that the staff will address these issues as u can tell they care so I hope this won't offend I just wish to bring these small details to light so that it can be sorted I would most definitely stay here again and would recommend

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Sean E, Owner at Sweeney Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Your feedback is much appreciated and both the positive and constructive, we will use to build on and improve what we offer. We are really pleased that you found the staff great, the food very good and the bathroom feedback only highlights that this room is the next on our rollong programme of bathroom refurbishment. Next time you stay just ask as we do have pillows that are not feather available .We do hope you stay with us again very soon. Best wishes Sean

Reviewed 19 February 2018

My husband went to the local hospital for a check up,so we stayed one night . ?Really had an excellent stayThe accommodation was very comfortable and staff could'nt have been more helpful.Will certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Not near the conference room
Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Sean E, Owner at Sweeney Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay.