All reviews great hosts raf cosford the pub full english warm welcome separate shower and bath def stay again off road parking super king sized bed breakfast was excellent white hart plenty of storage space great bathroom yogurt b and b tea and coffee making facilities cooked breakfast
Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

Lovely rooms very clean and a good breakfast, but please say if you don't want like mushrooms etc before he has cooked them as made to fell guilty when left!!! Great place for visiting surrounding area. Lot of nice little local pubs all within walking distance.

Date of stay: June 2015
Reviewed 16 June 2015 via mobile

This is the third time we have stayed at the Anvil Lodge, Mike and Judy, as always make you feel very welcomed.

Judy ensure the rooms are perfect and are spotlessly clean. The rooms are large, modern and tastefully decorated with a king size bed, there is also plenty of room in the wardrobes for your clothes. The en suite has a large shower and separate bath.

Mike ensures you are well looked after at breakfast with a delicious freshly cooked breakfast and he also takes the time to chat with you, so if you need any information, he will gladly help you.

There's off road parking available in what is a fairly quiet road.

We wouldn't consider staying anywhere else while in the Shifnal area, thank you Mike & Judy.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2015

Although I was only staying for one night, I could not have wished for a warmer welcome when I arrived. After I had decided what time I would like to have breakfast Mick showed me to my clean and spacious room, that had a very large double bed and a single bed in it. The bathroom was spotless and had both a bath and a walk in power shower. Full coffee and tea making facilities were also supplied in the room.

Breakfast in the morning was served in the light and airy dining room and everything that you could reasonably expect was available. I opted for the full English breakfast and it certainly set me up for the day ahead. Also of note is that the Anvil Lodge is adjacent to the Anvil Inn, where a very nice pint of real ale can be had.

Mick is a font of knowledge for all things Shifnal and the surrounding area, and I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending the Anvil Lodge as a lovely place to stay if you are in the area.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2015

Booked in with two colleagues, all three of us were delighted by the friendly welcome, a great breakfast and very comfortable beds. The rooms were spotlessly clean and it was wonderfully quiet over night. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2014

My daughter and I stayed for one night and really enjoyed being at The Anvil. We received a warm welcome and shown the rooms which were beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean and very well equipped. Breakfast was excellent and served on piping hot pates. We received guidance on the various local eating places and on our last morning we were told about other local places of interest. Great B and B!! Thank you.

Date of stay: October 2014