Admirals Table
Sunnyside B&B(Bridgwater)
US$95
US$58
Travelodge
Premier Inn Bridgwater Hotel(Bridgwater)(Great Value!)
US$78
PremierInn.com
The Walnut Tree Hotel(North Petherton)
US$130
US$53
US$53
  • Beachfront
Travelodge Taunton(Taunton)(Great Value!)
US$48
Travelodge
Premier Inn Taunton East(Taunton)(Great Value!)
US$78
PremierInn.com
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewspower showersized roomextensive menuovernight stopspecials boardgood sizefull englishfood was averagetea and coffeegreat stopoverfood was lovelyhotel is situatedwi fisalmongood nights sleepplenty of parkingyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

This was my third 2 day stay here in recent weeks. The hotel, restaurant and bar are all part of the Marston Brewers chain, that said the manager and his team, welcome you as though it was their hotel. All very friendly and helpful staff , whether it's booking a room over the phone, answering emails or simply getting a coffee refill. Good value, large clean rooms with great showers (hot water and powerful) and good quality TVs and simple to use Wi-Fi.
Comfortable larger than normal beds also make sure your stay will be good.

Great value food and super choices, all of which appear to freshly cooked from the restaurant in the evening. If you book direct and not via online booking agencies you'll receive a discount on your food bill. Also they run 2 for 1 specials on man courses most weekday nights.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
tim m, General Manager at Admirals Table, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Thank you for the great review.

I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass your comments onto the team.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

I feel that the service AND most importantly that the food has really gone down several levels.Cold chicken ,burnt Onion rings, not a waitress to be seen. used several times in the past but after yesterday will not be going again, until they revise there new food menu,

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
tim m, General Manager at Admirals Table, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

I’m sorry to read that you were not happy with your last visit.

I have just taken over here and will be working hard with the team to improve all aspects of the business.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

My niece and her husband booked a table for the four of us. Upon entering the pub, we realised that booking in advance was a good idea. The place was almost jam-packed.We have no idea why, as it was a Thursday evening.
Nothing on the blackboard took our fancy for the night's meal, so we all chose something from the menu. Each of us chose a different meal ,but not one of us had a bad meal. My chicken pie was extremely tasty, while my nearest and dearest thoroughly enjoyed her steak pie.
Each of us chose something different for dessert ,and again, we all believed that we made the right choice.
The staff were attentive, without hovering over us throughout our meal. Although the waitress was kept busy by other patrons, she still managed to be there whenever we needed her.
With many of the menu items being a two for one deal, we all felt that we had an enjoyable meal for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
tim m, General Manager at Admirals Table, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Thank you for the good review.

We look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

We like the Admiral's Table. Good pub food, clean big space but still that cosy feeling. Pleasant staff. However, thus visit was a little disappointing on the food front.
We had a sharing starter, so would have been nice to have been given plates. That was the only fault with the wait staff at all though.
The mains were fine. My boyfriend had the breaded place, and thought the bread was a bit thick. He also got a tiny portion of tartare sauce for such a massive fish (by surface area, if not thickness.)
I had the smothered chicken. The chicken was alright, but the bacon was a bit under one, and the cheese was a tasteless American one (Monterey Jack?). It came with coleslaw that looked as though it had been left on a shelf in the sun for most the day, and corn that looked like it had been picked about 3 weeks too early. The chips and onion rings were good though.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review. I’m sorry to read that you did not enjoy your last visit with us.

I have just taken over here at the Admirals Table so unfortunately I am unable to comment on what happened on your visit.

Be assured that I will be working hard with the team to improve all aspects of the business.

I do hope you will visit again in the future to see the improvements we have made

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Normally can't fault any experience when eating here, but this latest visit has not been very good from start to finish !!!
First there was the fun and games when trying to book, as we were going to be quite a big party, (with family coming down from the North). I was told that they didn't take booking for parties of over 12 !!!! Never had this problem before when booking for a group of over 12 to eat here.
Then I was told that they would get the Manager to ring me when she was in, this was after telling them that 6 members of the group were actually staying the night there. Which they did, but it wasn't the Manager I spoke to but sounded just like the person I had spoken to previously. Needless to say I was told it was ok for the booking but I would have to pre-order.
Pre-order put together I rang them back, to be told by a relief Manager, that I should never have been told that they didn't take bookings of over 12. And that I also should have been told that we would not be on one big table but on individual tables in the same area. Ok that wasn't an issue, I was just glad we could all eat there.
So last night we arrived for our Family meal, and boy, oh boy how things have slipped !
Starters came out .... fine. Then kids meals came out .... also good. Then by the time the children had finished eating the adults' meals started coming out. Alright this really wasn't such a problem, but we couldn't understand why there was such a delay between the childrens' meals coming out and the adults.
The meals were not too bad, but I must say there were not up to the normal standard.
A few of the group decided to have desserts, and again those that did remarked that although they were nice, they have had better.
Then came the fun of trying to pay the bill !!!
As we wanted to pay in family groups, the guy at the bar decided that he would print one big bill/receipt out, and proceeded to tell one of the group that we would have to work it out ourselves ..... very professional. All he had to do as each family came up to pay, was to deduct it off of the main bill.
I do not know the name of the female member of staff who came to our rescue and sorted everything out for us in the end, but I would like to thank her very much.
As I said at the beginning, I normally have nothing but good things to say about my visits here, but this time I feel things had been let slip. I hope things pick up, otherwise my family may well be looking for other places to have our family gatherings.

Stayed: September 2017