“Good food nicely presented.”

Somerset Restaurant - Walton Park Hotel
Ranked #29 of 59 Restaurants in Clevedon
Cuisines: Gastropub
Reviewed 6 January 2017

While staying at the Walton Park for a few days we stopped in for a few quick meals. Food was very good and service was excellent. A nice atmosphere and comfortable facilities.

Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

We were only in Clevedon for one night as we were invited to see a Gala Performance of the film Mum's List, which was filmed in Clevedon. The Hotel was clean, warm and nicely furnished.We were upgraded free to an executive room as the Hotel is under going refurbishment in some areas. Our room overlooked the Sea and the view was lovely even though it was winter. I can imagine it must be awesome in the summer.
The Terrace Bar was really nice with a good selection of food which was made fresh. The service was quick and the staff were friendly.
There were area and Coffee making facilities in the room but no fridge. There was a TV and phone and free wifi.
This is a traditional Hotel and some might say old fashioned but I would say Vintage/shabby chic look!
I would recommend for families or over 30's couples as it is not modern or trendy. The price was very reasonable and the location was a short walk from the centre of the Town where we went to the Cinema. A good job as there was no Taxi Service on a Sunday night!!
I would definitely recommend this Hotel.

Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

I stay in many hotels with my job - so a night away - not far from home in Bristol was an exciting thought- but when we checked in - no upgrade was offered- even if we paid a bit more for sea view ? But I had to ask myself-
We had a nice big room - overlooking the road - but there seem to be a noisy generator running all night outside the room ? - plus the phone to call reception didn't work ? We asked for it to be fixed- but was told it wouldn't be that evening! Why have a phone in the room if it doesn't work ?
We also had a bedside light that didn't work - so asked for the light bulb to be changed- but when we returned from evening out - after 3 hours out - it hadn't been- it turns out on our return- that the light just hadn't been plugged in - after my wife checked it !
Overall hotel is ok -but with my experience of staying in many hotels- service here is poor- I am sure they would get repeat custom if it was improved ?? As it's a Lovely spot with estuary views

Reviewed 12 December 2016

My wife and I went to this hotel restaurant in a room set aside for our group. When we got there we were presented with a menu. We chose melon, Turkey and the dessert choice would come later.
The melon was hard and not ripe. The turkey meal consisted of thick slices of white meat mysteriously all the same shape as if it had come from a tin! The carrots were hard, the cabbage (no sprouts!) was undercooked, the saving grace was the roast potatoes (no boiled ones). Then came the dessert choice and guess what....NO CHRISTMAS PUDDING!!! We had a piece of tepid thin so called apple pie with watery cream . Mince pies and coffee then followed which was OK. The cost of this meal was £18 per head. I have had Christmas dinner recently for the same price at a different establishment. On that occasion it was excellent. This was a ripoff with poor quality ingredients. We will not be back.

1  Thank Chris P
Reviewed 22 November 2016

My wife started with Ham hock with peas terrine , whilst I had Whitebait. Best whitebait that I have had in a while and my wife adored her terrine. Neither of us could resist the belly pork main course which fully met our high hopes. We cannot have deserts but they did look seductive. Service was good and the food was served promptly in a most pleasant manner. The room is very attractive and a delight to be in, with a view over the Severn Estuary to the lights of Wales. The cost was reasonable.

The only reason that I have not scored 5 is that at home we have a suspended light over the dining table and here the lighting was rather low.