“Very enjoyable will definitely return”
Review of Redfearns

Redfearns
Ranked #5 of 27 Restaurants in Wincanton
Price range: US$7 - US$33
Cuisines: European, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A delightful dining space. A trendy licensed cafe by day serving really great coffee, homemade cakes, breakfasts, egg Benedict, delicious lunches. By night it is a fantastic Asian bistro specialising in Thai food and homemade desserts. We have a dinning space, a comfortable soft seating area and a courtyard garden.
Reviewed 19 February 2017

We were both looking forward to visiting Redfearns
Some what lacking in ambiance no relevance to a Thai restaurant modern music in background which was disappointing...
The menu although not large had plenty to choose from....
The papaya salad was fabulous fresh tasty & a good size portion, my husband chose spring rolls & he said they were delicious & light.
Beef in oyster sauce again very tasty as was the weeping tiger my steak was cooked to perfection....
We were both to full to sample desserts
Service was good.
Already we are looking @ dates for our return

Reviewed 7 February 2017

Wincanton is an old market town in Somerset; I'd never been there before and to be honest all we really saw was between where we parked the car and walked up to the restaurant, but it did look quite pretty!

Redfearns' menu wasn't that big with only six main courses – when I go to Thai restaurants normally I’m used to having a lot of choice! They did have a Phad Thai which is my go-to Thai meal and I was going to order it, but the rest of the group wanted the tasting set menu, and everyone in the party has to order that. I was too busy chatting and enjoying myself to really mind either way so went along with the set menu, and realised afterwards there wasn't actually that much in it that I liked!

It also turned out to be sharing plates with not actually a huge amount of food; everyone got one piece of each starter but then just a few spoonfuls of each main course and a big pile of rice.

The food was nicely cooked but I wasn't actually that keen on any of the three main courses - the Thai chicken was my preference but it was a bit too spicy. I think I should have looked at the menu properly and ordered a Pad Thai, though it would have meant nobody else could have the set menu!

We had a vegan in our group and the restaurant was able to cater to her with no problem.
All this was £18.95 which did seem a lot give we didn't actually eat a huge quantity of food, but maybe that was partly because I didn't like the soup so skipped it, and don't remember the Thai salad making it round the table as far as me - and I don't like courgette, aubergine, or squid which was unfortunately a big part of the seafood dish!

I actually felt a bit hungry afterwards still and several of us decided to have dessert; I had a mango cheesecake that was really creamy which I enjoyed.

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

We contacted Geoff to ask if he would cater for a friend's birthday party which we were hosting at home. The birthday girl isn't keen on spicy food though and one of the party is allergic to coconut. We said that we were expecting 12 adults. Geoff suggested the taster menu and that 10 portions would be enough.
He said that the menu would be easy to heat up at home.
Well, we picked the food up today. Everything was packaged up with clear instructions on how to heat the food. Everything was clearly labeled. The food was amazing. Very little left over and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the food.
I have always found the staff to be polite and well presented.
Geoff himself is a great guy, very friendly, helpful and very accommodating and of course a fantastic chef.

1  Thank ScubaTerry_12
Reviewed 7 January 2017

I have visited Redfearns twice this week and all I have tasted is vinegar. We had lunch and all I could taste was vinegar. Then I had a second visit and again all I could taste was vinegar. I am sorry but the first time I had lunch and my Samosas tasted of vinegar then I had dinner a couple of days later and again all I could taste was vinegar. Somebody likes Baslamic vinegar. Yes I like but not to the detriment of Thai flavours sorry.

1  Thank caramorag
Reviewed 30 November 2016

Enjoyed a burger with a Thai twist at this restaurant.Good quality value food .
The chef has trained and worked with the best which was reflected in the choice of menu and food served.The decor is a little basic but with mire people will have more atmosphere. I wish this place luck as it deserves to do well.