“Yum yum”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Good selection of food, went at lunch time, not as much available as an evening but this is reflected in the price. Not all the food was piping hot, but what we ate was delicious.
Was busy. If you want an all you can eat buffet would recommend an evening visit. If you thinking you need more than a mac’ds for lunch and have a pound or two spare it’s great value.

SHUAI Y, Public Relations Manager at Wing Wah, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Thank you for the lovely review. We value all reviews from our customers and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Wing Wah. We hope that you have a lovely time on your next visit and that it is equally as enjoyable if not more so

Reviewed 18 January 2018

My first time in Burton and managed to find this great restaurant, service was very good, loved that it was all you can eat (which I did). The food was amaing and I can't wait to come back for more.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

This restaurant has always been a favourite of ours but we have not been for over a year. We can only think that this place has changed either ownership or management
because the quality of the food has deteriorated greatly since our last visits.
The main problem was the temperature of the food which at best was lukewarm and at worst almost cold. When we mentioned this at the cash desk when paying we were told that next time this happens, we were to tell them and they would cook a fresh meal for us. Which would be rather difficult when most of the trays were the same temperature.
The Chow Mein and Singapore Chow mein were mushy and tasteless and the Curry sauce in its separate container was so salty as to be unpalatable. Most of the dishes were not very tasty and In short the whole experience was very disappointing and the only food I really enjoyed were the prepared sweets.
We will not be returning and in future will stick to Iceland and Aldi dishes which are a lot
Tastier and cheaper.

1  Thank bevis69

We value all reviews from our customers and we will strive to improve all aspects of our service. I have forwarded your message to the Senior Mangement Team whom will follow up on this. Please accept our sincere apologies

Reviewed 17 January 2018

I like Chinese food cooked for a Chinese pallet; I am not keen on Chinese food cook for the British pallet and this buffet style restaurant is everything I dislike about Chinese food in the UK / Take-away.

A lot of deep fried food of a non-descript manner coated in an oily crust and covered in sweet sauce. The food that is not deep fried is served dry (cooked and left to dry on plates/bowels) or in a glutinous sludge. The deserts of jelly and ice-cream are about as good as it gets.

The atmosphere is a busy and large open plan area which results in large groups of people talking over each other to be heard. I am sure this is a fun place to go for a cheap fun meal with a load of mates, but it's not what I would chose for an intimate of small family meal.

This restaurant also highlights everything that disgusts me about quantity over quality and the glutinous attitude of so many in society... the amount of food that people pile on their plate that then goes to waste is incredible. There is this concept in the UK (might be the same elsewhere too) that if you in all you can eat or buffet style meals it's ok to pile high and waste. At what point do people realise is just as acceptable and politer and less wasteful to take a small plate of food and then go back for more and then back again should you need to.

The place was clean, staff attentive and friendly. Plus it's not expensive and for these reasons Wing Wah does not get a single star

3  Thank Richard W

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Wing Wah has been a family favourite for a number of years and was chosen as a post Christmas treat.

Warning bells started to ring when I had walked past half of the Starters, picking up only what could only be described as the cheapest looking curry samosas, their taste matched my first impressions. With the exception of the ribs and chicken and sweetcorn soup it was clear there had been a downshift in standards.

Main course was not much better with things seeming to be dry and afterwards, very salty.

Having previously enjoyed our visits to Wing Wah the last one is likely to be just that, the last one for some time.

A great shame, Wing Wah can do so much better.

I would hope my comments are taken in the constructive manner in which they are offered.

1  Thank BRMP180

We value all reviews from our customers and we will strive to improve all aspects of our service. I have forwarded your message to the Senior Management Team whom will follow up on this. Please accept our sincere apologies