“Disgusting attitude”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2016

We live locally and used to go there for a quick drink eventhough the place smelled of dog wee. But this recent time we went the landlord was very offensive to my husband who had brought in his own glass with less than a quarter of his drink in, with him. We were at a bbq locally. Well firstly he told him it was rude to bring in drink from home and took it off him and poured it down the drain, instead of politely asking him to finish it outside. Then went onto slag him off saying if these foreigners want to live here they should abide with our laws. Firstly we are British who grew up in Africa and we definitely wont be bringing any friends around to his pub incase he embarrases us by calling them foreigners. We try to support locally but with an attitude like this they can stick it.

5  Thank CraigandClair S

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Me and my partner didn't visit the unicorn for a long time following a bad experience a few years back.
We received very poor service and was made to feel very unwelcome .

It then changed hands and the welcome got a little warmer ..... We would then just pop in occasionally for a late drink .

Since then Gavin and his team have taken over and rejuvenated the atmosphere ! You are welcomed with a smiling face and someone that can not help you enough !
The restaurant isn't busy however the food is lovely and at a great price so I guess it will only be a matter of time until people catch on .

Gavins staff are also so warm , so friendly and accommodating .

I would genuinely recommend popping in to meet the team and for the best g&t around !!

Reviewed 24 July 2016

Set in the heart of a beautiful little village. Ample car parking and a grassed area for children to play safely. The bar staff and owners were very friendly and really attentive. The room we stayed in was spacious and clean. The tea and coffee making facilities in the room were a really homely touch.
Lots of choice for breakfast, a selection of cereals, fruits, juices and yoghurts, or/and a full English breakfast too!
We had a really nice time and will definitely be going back.

Reviewed 17 April 2016

Having been out for a family walk we booked in for lunch as a group of six. (grandparents, us and kids) we were served drinks and asked if we wanted to find a seat while they sorted our table - in the end we choose to stay where we were sitting - we were comfy, why move. From chatting we found out they had only recently taken over and a new chef had only been in place for two weeks - so they asked for feedback. We ordered three roast beef dinners and three roast pork. The food was delicious, my son asked for a steak knife to cut his beef, although it was tender the 'normal' knifes struggled to cut carrots - something they are aware of and are looking to rectify. I have two minor gripes the stuffing was unfortunately very hard and in danger of pinging off plates. Also couldn't understand why my white wine had a pink tinge to it - having come home I have the answer. Grandma ordered red wine before I ordered my white wine - clearly the measure wasn't rinsed / cleaned inbetween pouring our glasses - this is bad practice and does need addressing. However, I wouldn't hesitate to return again. Hopefully the team will continue to bed in and go on to flourish

Reviewed 15 April 2016

dined at the unicorn yesterday evening fantastic meal very well presented and very good portions ,the barmaid/ waitress [Debbie] was very friendly and really knew her job 10 out of 10, and the landlord[Gavin ] is so welcoming he is like a best friend to everybody ,will be back very soon thank you .