2,630 results
All reviewsbreakfast and lunchevening mealstately homeluxury rooman overnight staysteam roomrelaxing breakroyal suitesecret escapesfull body massagebirthday treatafternoon teabeautiful buildingthree course mealfood was lovelybuffet stylelong gallery
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Been a few times and always so relaxing and enjoyable. Rooms are clean, well presented and some have lovely views and extra features eg jacuzzi. The spa facility is very good indeed, organisation is efficient and staff are friendly and helpful. There are a few places to eat; all provide good service and food. Would highly recommend . Worth paying a little extra to upgrade your room to luxury and trying out some of the treatments and classes.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
H0arcrossHall, Manager at Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Dear Luxtont,

Many thanks for your review and your loyalty to Hoar Cross Hall. I am so pleased to read that you found everything consistently great, along with the staff being caring and helpful.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

I booked this hotel for a little treat for my partner as he has worked a way for a few months, booked direct and got a better deal after talking to reception, phone lines are a bit annoying to get through but I managed in the end.

Arrived to a lovely reception area, with a lovely clean aroma about the place, a not so fantastic receptionist checked us in, we found our way to our room, there's a very strange difference between reception and the Gallery Bar to the corridors and rooms, a bit of a time warp, our room was 590 Lady Meynell, a luxury room, bit stuck in the 80's and quite tired but it was clean, it was cetainly large, it had a whirlpool bath.... probably from the 80's too but it had a very nice comfy clean and new bed, it was well appointed with plugs, sockets, mirrors and lighting in a good place for lady to do our thing.

A quick nibble at Henry's and a beer later..... nothing amazing to report here!
We headed to the spa area, a complete maze of a place, again the old and new, tired and state of art features captivated us for a good couple of hours. Its quite a strange set up, however in strange way we enjoyed all the features it offered, particularly the detox and aqua massage areas along side the powerful jacuzzi's

Dinner is served in beautiful Victorian Ball room, with many original features, a good menu, reasonable quality too and after a really good nights sleep breakfast was enjoyed in the same room, buffet style, with good choices and wonderfully polite staff at all times.

Post breakfast we took a wander round the most beautiful gardens, very impressive, something for every one here, eventually finding our way to the local church, Im not religious but this was a very well kept, a stunning little church, heaped with local history which also included old residents of the hotel, we found it most interesting, on the way back into the hotel one of the gardeners working on site stopped and chatted to us also about the history of the hotel which we found lovely.

We enjoyed a lovely lazy G&T in the gallery bar, which is a beautiful place to sit and watch the world go by, comfy and tastefully furnished for all seasons. We watched a few people tuck into afternoon tea which looked amazing. Followed by another night of good quality food, well served in the Ballroom.

Although this is a real mismatch of old, new, tired and state of the art, I have to say I've gone with the flow, not expected perfection, not had a chip on my shoulder and therefore had a super time and arrived home truly relaxed and totally enjoyed the experience.....and finally yes, I would happily head back to Hoar Cross

Room Tip: The choice is yours, some rooms even have jacuzzi's, I found speaking to the hotel direct offered me the best information
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear MandaB,

Many thanks for your review, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and noticed the refurbishment that has been completed to a high standard. We are due to work on the guestrooms in the near future and this will bring these up to a new standard.

We are proud of our extensive Spa and its many different facilities, along with the grounds and our staff who enjoy looking after our guests.Having recently been awarded an AA Rosette for the food I am glad you enjoyed eating in our Ballroom Restaurant.

I am sure we will be able to demonstrate further enhancements and excellent service on your next visit.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

I love the building, architect and finishing very much. Feel like soaking in a English heritage. It is a memory I treasure in England. I will go back and enjoy a longer holiday in here, cut off from outside world just enjoy the spa and chillax.

Room Tip: I stayed a room facing car park, which I don't mind.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Jenny,

Thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

What an amazing experience.
We stayed here for our first wedding anniversary, booking a Friday night package.

The accommodation was first class.
The food and service at lunch and dinner was amazing.
The spa facilities were incredible, one of the best we had been too. Even on Saturday it wasn’t overly busy in the spa which is a huge plus point.

The buildings, gardens and local walks were very picturesque.

We can’t wait to go back and have recommended it to friends.

Stayed: August 2018

Dear Rhys,

Thank you for your review and also choosing to spend your first wedding anniversary with us. I am pleased to read that you found everything to be great and in keeping with your expectations.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

This is a lovely hotel, very clean and lovely decor.
The staff can't do enough and are very friendly. The bar staff are well trained and knowledgeable. We tried lots of different concoctions with their advice and not one was disappointing.
The spa is well equipped with 2 pools a fresh one and a salt one. Each has its own detox area including sauna's, steam rooms and various hot and cold douche's.
There are fitness and aqua classes, treatments and a well stocked shop.
The grounds are lovely for a walk and there is a driving range (that is a bit tired, but it satisfied my husband for an hour).
The food was lovely, however we stayed 3 nights and it did get a bit repetitive.
The only thing missing in this lovely hotel was tennis courts ( or maybe we just didn't find them).

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Allison,

Many thanks for your review and recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you likely the hotel and decor and found time to spend in the Long Gallery Bar. The team are proud of their cocktails and are trained to cater for our guests needs.

Thank you for recognising the Spa, which as you mention has a lot to offer in terms of facilities, shopping, treatments and extensive class list. I am pleased to hear you made use of out driving range and next time we will help you find the tennis courts that are at the back of the property.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.