Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
StayForLong
All reviews great place to stay jacuzzi bath full english comfortable bed premier inn chips
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 November 2020

We’ve visited Leek as a family and had wonderful walks in the area. We stayed at the Silk House for 3 nights and it accommodated us perfectly. We had a big room and had drinks most nights in the bar and nice breakfasts in the mornings. The hosts, Andrea and Nick are wonderful. We had a great time! Thank you!

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 7 September 2020 via mobile

Visited for breakfast. Service was poor and without a smile and was greeted with sarcasm. Breakfast was barely edible and greasy. I will never ever visit again.
Leek has some great places to eat this is definitely not one of them!

Date of stay: September 2020
3  Thank MrStorer
Reviewed 10 August 2020 via mobile

We visited The Silk House for lunch with family. We chose to sit on one of the outside tables as they have a lovely garden at the back of the property.

There is a good choice of food - either a set 3 course lunch menu or a regular day time menu. We were advised when ordering drinks that they aren't currently licensed.

The food took a while to arrive but I suspect this is due to lots of people dining out to take advantage of the current Mon-Wed half price food offer. My daughter and mum had the chicken and chips. The chickens were a large half-chicken but my daughter's plate had pink juice on it from the meat and my mum's portion was quite pink in places. They were taken back and they ordered the fish and chips instead. My husband also ordered the fish and chips (which was good) but he was given horseradish sauce in a bowl instead of tartare. This was sent back but they sent out horseradish again!

My dad and I ordered the steak and chips but unfortunately we weren't asked how we wanted it cooking. My steak was pink which is fine for me and was very nice but my dad's was a bit undercooked for how he likes it. They also didn't have steak knives (we did ask), which made cutting the steaks difficult as the plates were sliding around on the metal tables!

A lady came to ask how the food was and we explained about the chicken. She apologised and said that they are such big portions of chicken they can take half an hour to cook. She then also said that the waiter should have asked how we wanted the steak cooking.

When we paid the bill the chef came out to speak to us and said that he had probed the chickens and they were the correct temperature but he then commented that they are already pre cooked when they buy them so even if they were served "straight out of the packaging" they would be fine to eat (which seems to contradict what we had already been told?). He also stated that they do ask how customers would like their steaks cooking but just in the evenings...

Hopefully they are just having a few teething problems as I appreciate the restaurant hasn't been open for long. It does have a lot of potential - it's a beautiful building with a lovely garden and as I said some of the food we had was good.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank KateP1
Reviewed 7 August 2020

On arrival to the hotel the staff were warm and friendly and the hotel looked lovely in the sunshine, the room was clean tidy and very modern, booking in was easy and all of the precautions around Covid-19 were addressed well, had a sound sleep in a very comfortable bed! I had the added bonus of a jacuzzi bath which was great! Upon going down for breakfast I had the Full English which was included in the room price of £65, considering a basic room at premier inn was nearly £70 on the day it seemed like the logical choice! The breakfast was freshly cooked and came with coffee, orange juice, toast etc so was fantastic value! And eating in the beautiful garden with all the birds chirping was a nice addition! Unfortunately wasn’t staying long enough to enjoy the main menu which looked great with a lot of European twists which was good to see, overall I would highly recommend this place above a lot of places I’ve stayed! And will certainly be my “go to” hotel when visiting friends in Leek! Although I’ll try to remember to give my key back when I leave this time! it was that good I was trying to move in! Great job and thankyou to the team and all the very best for the future and I’ll see you again soon!

Kind Regards,
Glen the Chef!

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 November 2017

This has the potential of being a great location but needs somebody to pull it up by its boot straps. Its a pastime to the owner and may even be closed. The rooms are adequate, the breakfast OK but please, sort yourselves out, you have serious competition in Leek and you need to do something different and good.

Room tip: Check that they really want you to be there.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank _cjh1000
GoodNightInnsLtd, Manager at The Silk House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2020

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to announce we will be re opening The Strand this Spring. We are excited to be able to bring this hotel back to its former glory which is so deserves.