“Easter Sunday, Green Man, Middleton”
Review of The Green Man

The Green Man
Ranked #34 of 171 Restaurants in Tamworth
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Simply put, The Green Man in Middleton is a fabulous village pub and restaurant serving up tasty, top-notch food alongside an eclectic range of wines and cask ales in cosy, stylish surroundings.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The Green Man, in Middleton, used to be one of our haunts when we were courting (going out), some 35 years ago. It was one of the "in" places of that time known for its great food (especially the steaks) and good beer and was always packed out until the owner of the time got caught out selling horse meat when customers thought they were eating beef steak! The steaks were delicious!!!!
Those days are long gone and now The Green Man is an M&B gastro pub on the same lines as the Green House, Mere Green and the Whittington Arms, but smaller.
The menu is impressive, catering for Vegans, Vegetarians and all dietary requirements to suit all tastes. Specials are also available.
We visited on Easter Sunday 2018. We had:
2 roast chicken dinners, extra vegetables.
1 x 8oz rump steak, side asparagus
1 x mini apple & blackberry crumble & coffee
1 x vanilla ice cream
1 x handmade Belgium chocolates & coffee
Cider, prosecco, tonic water
The meal was excellent, well done to Sharron and the team in the kitchen, and the service was also very good.
The Green Man is situated in the lovely village of Middleton and has an outdoor seating area overlooking the countryside, making a lovely setting for the up and coming warm summer evenings :) with a cool beer or long G&T.
Here's to the new team at the Green Man returning it to its former glory days.

General Manager A, Manager at The Green Man, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hello whitewitch13,

We are very happy you enjoyed your visit with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Mitchell Fray
Assistant Manager

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Visited for a meal. Easy booking online. Seating straight away. Excellent food and service. Especially from Sasha and Lauren x

General Manager A, Manager at The Green Man, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Good Morning Laura.
Thank you for your 5* review.
I am pleased to see you found our food and service excellent. Your comments have been passed across to Sasha and Lauren.
See you again soon

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Great food and even better service from Lee. Made the Easter holiday perfect. The best bigger ever had by One member of the party

Good Morning Matthew
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to aee your easter holiday was made perfect. Your kind comments have been passed across to Lee.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Last minute booking via website. Very easy to book! When we arrived apart from the dis interested barman we were shown to our table straight away. After a little wait to initially order staff were friendly and attentive. Food was of a good quality and fresh! Enjoyed our time having 3 x courses and drinks. Will be back and will recommend!

General Manager A, Manager at The Green Man, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Good evening ladies
Thank you very much for your great review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience with us.
It was a pleasure serving you yesterday and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind regards

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I attended before after reading the trip advisor reviews I knew I would have to wait for food but it was almost 2 hours before I got my main!

This time round 4 months later they have new management in who have such great service..

I ordered food and drinks which came almost straight away. Staff were attentive and fast and the food was stunning.

The menu has always been spot on but the service has always been atrocious - I spoke to a manager I think named Mitchell who was spot on with his attitude and service!

I would now recommend this place for food, scenery & service! It’s gone up and improved quickly! Very impressed

Good evening and thank you for such a positive review.
I am delighted to see that there has been a vast improvement within our business. We understand the importance of premium service and great quality food.
I will pass your kind comments onto Mitchell, my Assistant Manager as well as the kitchen team and service team. Quite rightly, we are under new management and we are looking forward to improving every day.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.