1,919 results
All reviews thomas themed room the grill fat controller character breakfast theme park park tickets thomas land my son welcome pack stay and play package themed rooms thomas fans presidential suite children's entertainment parklands restaurant bunk beds standard room
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed for two nights to visit Thomas Land. We thought about booking a Thomas Room but couldn't justify the price at over £200 a night just for the room! We managed to get a get price of less than £250 for a family of three that included park tickets and breakfast both mornings.
The room was nice, all the usual amenities and our daughter slept well on the sofa bed. The Thomas characters on each floor were a lovely touch for Thomas fans.
The downsides were that reception always seemed very busy whether queuing at the desk or trying to ring reception.
We tried to book a table for dinner the first night and was told they were full until gone 6.30pm. This is too late for our daughter after a long day so we opted for room service which took nearly 90 minutes to arrive! (My husband had to pop down to reception to setup the tab for our room and said the restaurant was mostly empty at around 5.45pm)
The food that did arrive was very mediocre. Pork chop was very bland, caesar salad was fine but had two rock hard pieces of bread posing as croutons and our daughters pizza was dry, cold and totally flavourless. We couldn't blame her not wanting to eat it.
The second night after a full day in the park we tried to book into the Grill Inn just off the park but again we were told they were fully booked until late so decided not to bother. We opted for the walk in option of the brassiere in the hotel which even though was quiet still gave us a good 30 minute wait for food to arrive. Food was better but a little overpriced.
Staff at breakfast both mornings did not stop and seemed overwhelmed with how busy it was. Decent selection available for all the family but the option not to have tea and coffee available for self serving is a huge mistake. Both mornings we had our coffee after we'd eaten. This maybe a health and safety thing because of having so many little ones in the restaurant??
Bath plug was broken but was fixed very promptly when I did get through to reception. First nights sleep was very ingerrupted for all three of us as the air conditioning kept kicking in and out and eventually made the room unbearably hot. The following morning after breakfast it was like an oven and it was reset from reception. We didn't bother with it after that and just kept turning it off when it occasionally turned itself on.
Overall we enjoyed staying at the hotel and the obvious convenience but would definitely venture out for food next time.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Philip B, General Manager at Drayton Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that your recent visit was not fully enjoyed by you and your family. Please be assured that your comments will be shared with the management team at the hotel for review so that corrective steps can be taken.

We really appreciate you taking the time so share your review on the site and certainly hope that you return to stay with us again in future.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

We booked the Thomas Themed room, it is well over £100 more than the normal rooms but not worth the money! It has a Thomas stuck on the wall and old bobbly Thomas blankets on the kids beds. Thats the only difference! Thomas DVDs available to borrow but they dont specify that at check in so got the kids ready for bed then had to take them all the way back down to get the dvds. The restaurant was expensive and food quality wasnt great. Steak was over cooked and tasteless and the wait between starters and mains was 40 mins! The kids had lost the plot by then and were fed up. Character breakfast is just the fat controller who walks past the table and says hi then hands out a certificate, again not worth the money.Wouldnt go again and wouldnt recommend that people spend the extra for the Thomas room it really isnt worth the extra money!

Room Tip: Not worth the moeny
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your recent stay with us and that you didn't find the Thomas Room Value for Money. I stayed here with my 5 and 2 year old for the first time this year in a Thomas room and their eyes nearly popped out when we walked in to the room, they were so amazed. This is the feedback we generally receive from parents who book a Thomas themed room. There is also a comprehensive DVD library in full view at reception along with signage explaining the hire process, this is further outlined in the welcome letter you received with your room cards.

Our character themed breakfast includes a welcome, sing along and graduation as well as photo opportunities with the Fat Controller, i'm sorry if this fell short of your expectations on this occasion and i'll feed your comments back to the entertainment team.

Once again thank you for your review and I sincerely apologise that you did not fully enjoy your experience on this occasion.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Parklands restaurant Rib eye steak bland chips over cooked crispy on outside ,fish overdone and very small asked for mayo ,vinegar and ketchup got all in sachets not what you expect for the price you pay kids meals ok had far better pub meals for less

2  Thank Ian E

Ian, thank you for your review.

I appreciate you taking the time to present your feedback on the site and please be assured that your comments will be fed back to the chef for review and i'm sorry that your restaurant experience did not live up to expectations.

We'll do our best to fix this quickly.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

It has destroyed the birthday of my little son. The only reason why I went here again.

There was 1 hotel-stay where the heating was defective at a very cold time (at the end of winter/beginning of spring time). I was terribly freezing, also because we came from Florida so the temperature difference was extreme! But this should be up to the guest and Drayton Manor Hotel should never judge on the guests feelings. Uts up to the guest if theyre freezing sweating or fine !

Long story short: I was denied to use the heating properly despite freezing like hell.

I am unsure if the heating really was defective however they just let me freeze like hell despite tellinv them again and again and again if thry please can turn it on! It was NEVER EVER GETTING HOT! it was at the most a very little bit warm but it never reached a hot temperature.

The hotel staff was extremely annoying disrespectful and hurtful. They told me that I must have a problem with my body, nothing to do with the hotel etc. They were so rude that they even said that the kids may be in danger when the heating is on. (Heating only in the bathroom) and the kids are primary school age so not an age where you cannot tell them the heating is warm. But it never was warm. Extremely far away from hot.

I had a shower and afterwards as expected suffered from cramps in my feet. I suffered more cramps than I ever had before caused by freezing. I asked for blankets which eventually arrived and covered ourselves (kids were complaining and freezing too) in thise blankets which were a bad quality blankets. The kids were freezing complaining abd unhappy too.

It was a terrible stay and as this time Ive thought it was an exception and defect and didnt wrote a new review.

But now in August they sat us into a room on a heatwave where it was 27° degrees outside and in this room the heating was on at full power and was so hot that you can burn your fingers on that heating.

After showing them they were not worried about the kuds safity at all although it was definetely too hot to touch it without being burned.

It is a disgrace how they spoke to me and the more how they destroyed the complete birthday.

I never got any kind of sleep the first night. The kids were suffering too.

Next day we could not use the park tickets we bought and this was his birthday !!!! Could not go into the park. Instead we had to fight all day about the heating. I couldnt even cope packing inside that horrible sauna. Air conditioning was defective too.

They forced me to extra pack that date although it was a birthday. I was argueing with kids and it was loud and horrible. And we all suffered so much. When we came into new room (upgraded room which we NEVER WANTED NOR INTERESTED IN) the heating was hot on full power again when we entered. You burn your finger when you get in.

I started speaking to other guests who agreed that this is horrible.

Worst part is how respectless and rude the staff was. Again they accused me that I could have touched any button when entering the room. They saud its only my body temperature despite admitting that the heating is extremely hot.

They removed the fuse and this way shown me that they could have done this in the other room instead of treating us so horrible destroying a little childs birthday and let us move and pack everything on birthday.

This hotel is so so so so terrible !!!!!
.i paid so much money. No refund for the nightmare !!!!!

I will have a look where i can complain in case there is any way.

I shouldnt have paid any penny but paid an overpriced bill. Sadly also mussed put the 30 percent discount at least for this horrible staff.

We are never ever coming back but i will let know from now on everyone about this terrible hotel staff ! Its unbelievable

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your review.

I'm aware that we have contacted you directly regarding the issue you've detailed on the site, regarding your towel rail and air conditioning.

As explained in our correspondence and also by our team of duty managers during your stay. Your towel rail was not faulty and the air conditioning was working correctly at the time of your stay. We also have a comprehensive air handling management system which records the temperature of each guest bedroom at any one point. Again, the team at the hotel did check this along with your room equipment and found no fault.

I am incredibly sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay, or your previous stay from last year where you were incredibly cold. However as a high footfall hotel who cater for in excess of 13,000 sleepers in August alone, you are the only guest who has raised an issue with the temperature of their bedroom. As such I am fully confident that the facilities and service in place at the hotel is at a high level.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

Hi all, we stayed here a couple of months ago and i have only just got my computer up and running so here is what we thought of this hotel.
We stayed on a deal which gave us 2 nights and for each night you stop you get a day in the park and we thought that was a good deal as it costs about £80 for a family so the extra for the hotel was well worth it.
The room was very clean and it looked very well looked after (not sure when it was refurbished or even if it has been) there were 2 beds a double and a smaller double for the kids but it was ideal for 2 young ones of 9 and 3 years.
Had a problem 2nd day as when we returned from the park we had lost the card for the room but within minutes the lady had checked and gave us a new key and was very helpful
We got up and went for breakfast and they serve a good English breakfast and we only had to wait a few mins for a table - again food cooked well and presented well so all in all we cannot fault the place.
Outside there is a children's play area which you would have thought with being in a theme park would not get used but we were wrong and the kids loved it so we left very happy

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

You loved it here and we loved having you.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on the site and come back any time.