“3 night stay for a wedding”
Review of White Hart Hotel

White Hart Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Uttoxeter
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Some good and some feedback. Booked out six rooms among our party. We asked for a spare key for one room, and were given another room, which was excellent. Our meal I have reviewed separately as the hotel and the restaurant are independent (other than for breakfast). I asked for more coat hangers and a better iron (to prepare wedding shirts), and this was prompt. Room service was less than usual expectations yet I saw plenty of room service staff. The towels were not changed day one, nor the beverages replenished or even tidied up (don't leave mess intentionally but I had left the cups as was rushing to a wedding). In the room was an order for breakfast to be handed to staff prior evening, which I did, and ordered for 7am in the restaurant. By 7:35 still no breakfast, I had to leave as I had a hair appointment. My only gripe is the breakfast. Three mornings, day one a completely different (more restricted) menu presented. Three mornings the breakfast room layout was completely different (dependent on staff on duty I was told), three times we ordered full English and each time the items on the plate were different in selection and quantity and not at all as stated on the menu. The food was good, but very inconsistent. It doesn't make sense.
I realise this is the best hotel in Uttoxeter, but will honestly consider the Premier Inn next time at least their room service and breakfasts are consistent.

Room Tip: Room 9, spacious. Room 2 has a Chesterfield.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Gustave_Eiffel

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We booked out 6 rooms here across the bank holiday weekend for a wedding, and whilst the refurb and decor is very stylish and slick looking, the rest of the experience here was not. On arrival the receptionist was on the phone and made no eye contact with us or any acknowledgement. Several members of staff walked past us and no one came to assist us. We were eventually given our room key, but with no indication of actually where the room was. We weren't told about check out/breakfast times. Rooms were really lovely, but no 'do not disturb' signs available, TV couldn't recieve reception and WiFi had a very weak reception. Cleaners didn't replace any of the toiletries or change towels during the three nights we had. On one morning the cleaners were on the first floor with all the cleaning products and hoovers blocking the corridor, and didn't make any effort to move to let guests pass.

One of the evenings we had dinner in the restaurant, the food was beautiful but we waited 40 minutes between ordering and the starters arriving; some of the wines on the menu too were also unavailable.

Each of the three mornings the breakfast arrangements were completely different, with a separate menu being given on the first morning. We ordered a full English and the food that arrived was different from what was stated on the menu. When we enquired as to why it had been different each day, the waitress said that each member of staff had their own way of running it! One of the mornings the waitress on dury was also bellowing the orders through to the kitchen staff which gained a few raised eyebrows from the diners.

When we went to check out this morning, the receptionist was on the phone having a personal conversation where she was discussing somebody who had cancer, right in front of us! She didnt end the phone call, instead she just signalled for us to put the keys down. She didn't ask us how our stay was or anything.

Considering this is the most expensive hotel in Uttoxeter and we chose to stay here for three nights when there were many other guest houses to choose from, we are disappointed with our stay and dont think that the quality of the stay at all was justified by the price we paid to stay here.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed here last week for my birthday as I was going Alton Towers the next day, the interior was immaculate and the staff were very well presented and friendly. As we arrived in the room we heard a knock on the door and they greeted us with 2 glasses of prosecco and then followed shortly after with a balloon, a chocolate brownie with candles with a few of the crew singing happy birthday to me. The bed was comfy and the room was spacious. Breakfast in the morning was amazing! Nicely presented and very tasty. Said it was a small breakfast but defiantly filled me up!!

Will definitely be returning.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Slightly noisy but we'd rather be where we can just eat and drink downstairs at pub anytime then go upstairs to room. Stylishly decorated with quality fittings, not beyond improvements (air con, full length mirror and tea tray out of the bottom of the wardrobe) but food really nice in pub and all vastly better than staying at Alton Towers. Recommended.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night and dined here also as a surprise for my partners birthday.
I had messaged the hotel to ask wether they could do anything nice as a surprise but unfortunately didn't get any response. Same when I tried to call, their wasn't any answer but this didn't ruin anything.
The rooms are lovely, spacious and clean. The only minus was the music in the morning, we didn't mind it at night! We woke up at 7.30 and it sounded like someone had the music channel on full blast? We were only on the first floor, so we found it hard to get back to sleep.

Food we couldn't fault, we had 2 courses each but couldn't finish it. The food is generous & delicious. I recommend the mushrooms to start and the skewers were amazing for a main. Also If your a gin lover they have plenty to choose from.
Breakfast was again great food, staff were attentive and polite too.

Parking is available at the back which is free.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank natalie w
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uttoxeter
1.2 km away
7.6 km away
Boars Head Hotel
Boars Head Hotel
#1 of 1 in Draycott in the Clay

Been to White Hart Hotel? Share your experiences!