“Over night stay”
Review of White Hart Hotel

White Hart Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Uttoxeter
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Booked due to good reviews and not far from Alton towers ....After a long day was glad to get to the hotel ...Luke warm welcome asked to pay up front ...which wasn’t a problem...A few minutes wait to get a key not sure if we got the room we were ment to have ...but eventually given a key ...with directions to our room ...would of been nice if the gentleman had moved off his chair to show us our room ..considering the size of the hotel ... The room we had was or suppose to de a deluxe room this made me question it ...There were no toiletries....no hand towels ..:,tea stained side tables ....dust on the doors ( me just being fussy there ) ...I found dust on my bed ....bath plug was broken you couldn’t let the water out ..maybe I should of gone down an complained but after 100 mile journey I was too exhausted.....,,,The good parts great bed ..,,,my partner and myself ate in the restaurant food was excellent...the waiting and bar staff are excellent...enjoyed the music great atmosphere felt I was in a club wanted to get up and dance .may not be great if you wanted a quiet meal or over a certain age lol ...The hotel decor is lovely ...breakfast was very nice ...would stay again but I would want my room a lot better than room 5 ....and forgot to mention 2 big steps to bathroom could be Lethal after a few drinks .....This hotel has the making of a 5 star hotel...,come on stop being lazy and get your act together

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

The good stuff: The Hotel has obviously been recently renovated. Rooms are very clean, comfortable and well equipped (iron/ironing board, bottled water, tea/coffee/biscuits, USB plugs, toiletries etc) Food is really, really good and reasonably priced. Multiple seating areas for dining. Staff are all very friendly and helpful.

Not so good stuff: single glazed, traditional leaded windows, although in keeping with a period building, means it's as cold inside the room as it is outside. They're not good for sound insulation so you'll hear any noises outside too. The Wi-Fi was a nightmare! Took ages to connect and repeatedly dropped out. Service at the bar can be painfully slow if the one member of staff is busy making cocktails. Carpets in the hallways were filthy, which really surprised me as the rest of the place was spotless! Shower leaked all over the floor.

All in all, it's a nice place to stay and I'll happily stay again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Having driven nearly 1000 miles in the previous 3 days driving up and down the country, then spent the Sunday at Alton towers, my partner and I couldn't couldn't face the 200+ miles home so had booked to stay here. Upon entry we were given room 5, this was a spacious room, the bed itself was very comfortable, there are a couple of steps that led into the bathroom, this on first glance seemed to be equally nice, large bath/shower and very nicely presented, but there were two slight quibbles with the bathroom, 1 we didn't have any toiletries, shower gel, shampoo, soaps etc, now we had our own with us, and we didn't actually tell anyone at the hotel that they weren't there as it's not a major issue and I'm sure that if we had they would've had no problem in supplying them, 2nd slight problem my partner had a bath just before we checked out and as the plug release system was broken we were unable to empty the bath, as we checked out I did try to tell the lady at the bar but she didn't seem interested, again only a slight problem but it's little things like this that stopped me from giving a 5 star rating. When we checked in we booked a table for 8.30, my partner had steak, I opted for the roast turkey, my food was absolutely lovely, and the gravy was superb, very very nice, my partner thoroughly enjoyed her meal too, it had a very nice ambience to the place, and the music playing was superb, it made a nice change not to hear a restaurant playing the bee gees, or Elton John etc in the background....we sat at the bar after for another drink, my partner was spoilt for choice over the gin selection, a very good evening. Monday morning breakfast consisted of the usual fry up, bacon, eggs etc and my first taste of a Staffordshire oatcake....that was ok. All in all a really nice place, the staff seemed pretty good and a really nice feel to the place, just iron out the little things and it could be something special, definitely would stay again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here before visiting alton towers. Perfect location as only 10/15 minutes away!
Check in is in the restaurant which I haven't seen before? There was a problem with our room (couldn't locate room 2 room key) I think we was possibly double booked even though I rang three days before to confirm everything.
After the ladies at check In spoke to whom I assume was management about the problem they came back and put us in room 9. After putting our belongings down and having a look round the room I believe it was more of a standard king room instead of a 'deluxe king' which I had originally booked.
At first I wasn't going to make a fuss, as I don't like complaining I did decide to just go and double check with the lady who I spoke to before hand.. Angela was more than happy to help after I explained the situation and gave us the option of room 1&3 both beautiful rooms! Defiantly spoilt for choice! We decided to go with room 1, beautiful, fresh, modern, clean room and the bathroom was lovely also! After putting a belongings away we headed down to the bar/ restaurant for an evening meal, we were seated at the bar, were we had a few drinks before having food, our waiter was a very nice gentleman (not sure of his name which is a shame) food was amazing defiantly 10/10 so please thank the chefs!
Breakfast was also lovely and lots of choice! Would defiantly come back here even with the mix up at the start!
Everywhere is decorated to a high standard, and the staff are brill, only thing I would say is they need to wear name badges so we know there names!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed for two nights for a wedding in Uttoxeter. The wedding wasn't at the White Hart.

The room was very spacious with a comfortable bed and a good size bathroom. The room along with the rest of the hotel had been recently renovated and the carpet and decor was clearly very new. A few more pictures on the wall would have made the rooms a bit less clinical as the walls were white with nothing to break them up.

Our room was overlooking the road and we did get a bit of noise from late night party goers. Double glazing may have helped but the old windows do add character.

The room was well equipped. Tea and coffee making facilities were available in the room along with ironing board and iron and hairdryer

Breakfast was good both mornings with enough choice of cereals and pastries as well as a cooked breakfast choice. A little fresh fruit on the buffet section would have been nice.

Overall this was a good hotel in a good location in the Centre of Uttoxeter

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uttoxeter
1.2 km away
Callow Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Mappleton
14.6 km away
Travelodge Ashbourne Hotel

Been to White Hart Hotel? Share your experiences!