“Traditional friendly pub, delicious food, good service and lovely atmosphere”
Review of The Half Moon

The Half Moon
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Charlwood
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A proper country village pub, serving real ales, lagers, ciders, a good choice of wines and just as important, good pub grub!
Reviewed 12 October 2018

When staying nearby before flying out from Gatwick the following day the hotel restaurant was already booked until late so we had a quick Google search and found this delightful traditional pub just five minutes away. We sat outside for a drink before having a delicious meal from an excellent menu which still included a choice of Sunday roasts although it was evening. Great atmosphere, good food, lovely staff and definitely value for money.

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Visited the Half Moon few Su days ago to sample their amazing Sunday roast and the dish certainly did not dissapoint! Food is really good, staff very attentive and all pub goers are extremely welcoming and friendly also! There is live music on Sundays also (summer)!

Reviewed 2 October 2018

I stayed overnight at a B&B about 10 minutes walk /3 minutes drive from the pub and had a light meal of the soup of the day, (Sweet potato roasted red pepper)which was delicious, with a fresh baguette and butter and a side of cauliflower cheese. All were comforting and hit the spot. The other patrons meals looked delicious as they came out. The Service was quick and friendly and the pub was clean. Parking is on a side street in front of the pub but it was not problem for me (an American driver). I had lost my wallet upon arriving at Gatwick and one of the patrons overheard me talking to my husband on my cell outside about reserving the funds that he had wired me in order to get home and a local patron tried to give me money for food! I declined but how friendly! I will stay at the B&B (Trumbles) and eat at the pub again next time I find myself near Gatwick.

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Popped in for a drink with the wife as staying in area before flying .
Lovely friendly landlord and a delightful old pub .would defiantly visit again

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

A warm welcome to this pub on a very wet September evening. The young lady who served us was friendly and helpful. The food was delicious and portion size was generous. A good choice of wine by the bottle or glass. The homemade pie was great and although I couldn’t manage a dessert I was very jealous of my husbands bread and butter pudding. Good value for money also .