“Decent food with some unusual dishes”

Vujon - Contemporary Indian Cuisine
Ranked #52 of 518 Restaurants in Croydon
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

My 1st delivered meal was pretty good although maybe not as exciting as the menu promises. The website credit card payment is a bit temprmental and rather annoyingly I had to re-enter my information 3 times before it worked properly. The comfirmation also takes a while to come through, but delivery was as promised. THe popodoms were really very good and everything else was good. The Menu probably reads a bit better than the actual dishes, but I would order again.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Over the years I've enjoyed the food here but they went from having banquet once a week to having it almost daily.

On our visit last week, we noticed the food was tasteless and curry wasn't very creamy. We tried four dishes and I couldn't bring myself to finish because the taste just wasn't there.

I feel the owners are focusing on selling cheap and lower quality. The duck was tough, the curry tasteless, the only food that was ok was that starters.
Another issue is that they allow screaming children to run riot and it's get very noisy in there.

I love kids but the parents did nothing to control their children's behaviour.

In future I am going to find a better Indian

Reviewed 15 February 2018

Went here on Valentines eve for something special, and I've honestly never had such a bland and tasteless Indian meal. Two different main course chicken dishes were almost identical, and from the absence of any flavour at all to the meat, the overcooked chicken had seen the very generic sauce all of two minutes before they were served.
I've been to this Vujon at least half a dozen times over the last few years, and either they have replaced the usual chef (or he was away), or in the fear of too many customers on a busy night, they's decided to cut a few too many corners in the lazy preparation.
To the managers credit, when I discretely raised the issue, he only asked us to pay for the drinks and poppadoms (otherwise it would be one star), but the food and experience was still a huge disappointment and rather a waste of time.
I doubt I'll be back, and unless they raise their game, I doubt other diners will either.

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely meal here with family - starters and main were lovely - I had the haryani chicken which was great (if green!) and the Goan surprise (lamb) which was lovely and not too hot.

Nice venue and staff, great restaurant to have locally and we will come back.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

Well we went here to meet and catch up with a friend and the food was warm not hot and the food was very basic, the Naan was crisp not soft too which was not good either.

We were the only ones in the restaurant which is usually a bad sign. But the service was OK but nothing special we didn't get asked if we wanted more drinks we had to ask.

I would not go back unless someone wanted to go. I think there are better restaurants around.

1  Thank Graham F