“Great family meal”
Review of Fish! Kitchen

Fish! Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Fish! Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$27 - US$33
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Following the huge success of Fish! Restaurant in Borough Market, Tony Allan developed his Fish! Concept further to create Fish! Kitchen in Kingston upon Thames. Encompassing the Fish! Brand ethos and offering the highest quality fresh fish, simply cooked and at a fair price, it opened to great reviews and have fast become a local favourite renowned for both our traditional fish and chips as well as our grilled fish. Located in peaceful Kingston on Coombe Rd, Fish! Kitchen undoubtedly serves the best fish and hand cut chips in South West London. Popular with lunchtime crowds, this restaurant caters for adults and children alike. The kids can choose from a kiddie menu and leave the adults in peace as they scribble all over the paper place mats with crayons supplied by the restaurant. Favourites include classic prawn cocktail to start and the swordfish club sandwich, a modern twist on the traditional. Don't forget to check the large blackboard for the day's specials. Alternatively choose your fish in next-door Jarvis and have it cooked to order and served at your table. Jarvis is our dedicated fishmonger and supplies fresh fish to the restaurant daily.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We had a really nice meal here with diners ranging from 3 to 68 in age!Superb fish soup; lovely haddock. Calmari was enjoyed; and the scallops were beautiful and cleverly served. Mussels were enjoyed too. The kids portions went down well too. Cant wait until we return. The staff were very attentive.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

First visit and unexpectedly excellent:-)) Excellent Scottish Langoustine for a starter ( delicious) followed by grilled sea bass with a well dressed salad and bubble-and-squeak of childhood-memory standard. Charming swift waiters, busy and lively, wide range of fish and sauces, definitely a destination restaurant. Informal ( it’s behind the equally excellent fish shop, does a thriving trade in fish and chips and has those wonderfully clatter-making white wall tiles beloved of Livebait ( but better fish!)), and not Sheekeys, but extremely good and definitely worth a train to Norbiton ( it’s very close to the station). If you feel like superb fish in a lively atmosphere and can cope without white tablecloths and top hats, this is the place to go. Rather less expensive too :-))

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had a horrible experience at Fish! Kitchen. We ordered 2 course dinner and I found a human hair in my main fish. It is not ok but mistake happen.. BUT we heard one of their staff was saying ‘Fxxking Chinese!’ loudly just after we asked ’hair plate’ away. It was only two of us in the restaurant and we are from east asia. I was shaking with anger and can’t remember what I ate. It could be not about us but it is VERY UNPROFESSIONAL to shout ‘Fxxcking Chinese’ loudly in front of Chinese look customers. The waiter asked me if I want dessert on house but I preferred not to pay my main and we paid except main. I wish I didn’t pay any of our meal! Totally ruined our day! Never ever go back again!!!!!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Charlee A, Owner at Fish! Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, however I am extremely concerned about the nature of this accusation. We have spoken to all of the staff at fish! Kitchen and all members of staff are shocked and surprised at this review as there was absolutely no derogatory terms used towards anybody, be it a customer or another member of staff. Needless to say that this kind of behaviour would not be tolerated.

Please get in touch with me personally at Charlee@fishkitchen.com as we need to investigate this further and find out what happened here. As there is not a name or trip advisor profile associated with this review we are puzzled and concerned.

Charlee Allan
Owner
Fish Kitchen Ltd

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Went for a casual weekday lunch with an old friend. Great selection of fish all available grilled, plus a selection of more complex dishes. Dressed crab starter superb, my friend’s whitebait ditto. Delicate super fresh swordfish (how? It must have come from 500 miles away? But fresh it was) and succulent turbot. If you want the best fish simply cooked to bring out the natural flavour this is your place. Oh, and the staff are friendly too!

1  Thank Jezza3591
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

This is a essential meal and this is the best place to eat it! Order the fish and chips and eat at one of Britain’s finest restaurants located in the quant Borough Market!