Thatchers Hotel
Agoda.com
US$149
US$142
US$83
Holiday Inn Express Epsom Downs(Epsom)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$90
Priceline
Days Inn Cobham M25(Cobham)(Great Value!)
US$53
US$31
Agoda.com
Premier Inn Epsom Central Hotel(Epsom)(Great Value!)
US$80
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Chessington Hotel(Chessington)(Great Value!)
US$73
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Epsom Central(Epsom)(Great Value!)
US$40
Travelodge
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswedding coordinatorafternoon tearamada hoteleast horsleybuffet stylewould highly recommend this hotelbar foodan overnight stayplenty of parkingan evening mealstayed here for one nightfull english breakfastthorpe parkvenuejetsguildforddisco
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Hello,
I came to the hotel with my friends for the Easter Weekend.
The staff were lovely, helpful and took very good care of us during our stay.
The room we stayed in was beautiful and very comfortable.
The food was delicious and the bar staff took very good care of us.
The hotel is very beautiful and very easy to find, I would highly recommend this hotel to my friends and family.
Thank you very much Thatchers!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Visited with my Girlfriend this Easter Weekend, and I've just got say Wow! What a lovely hotel!

Outside is a beautiful Black and white Tudor Style Building and then you walk in to a modern reception with cheerful and smiley staff to greet you.

The Check in was smooth and painless. Everything that needed explaining was done as such and we were quickly directed towards our room.

The Room is lovely, spacious and welcoming and with all the required amenities. Tea and Coffee making facilities (which are replenish-able from reception if required) and a snack tray which we didn't actually have any but nice addition.

We did have dinner in the restaurant which was sumptuous and thoroughly filling, compliments to the chef(s). Front-of-house staff were attentive, polite and cheerful.

I did hear on the Grapevine that this hotel had recently got a new General Manager, it seems he is really making this beautiful hotel thrive.

Also It seems the hotel is due a Refurbishment, which, even though it is already stunning, would definitely boost the beauty of this lovely establishment.

I can't say enough how much we enjoyed our stay, we almost didn't want to go home.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

i stayed here for one night with my family and have to say found the experience from start to finish excellent,

the exterior was beautiful, the interior needs some work but from hat we were told that is already ongoing.

checked in tuesday afternoon and the receptionist was a very friendy and professional young lady, booked a table in the restaurant for that evening and was welcomed the waiter it was very busy as they had a big conference on but still nothing was too much trouble were served promptly and enjoyed the food. will definately be coming back.

thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It was assumed we booked on a voucher which was not the case when we arrived. We were not given a choice of the two types of teas they offered it was assumed again we didn’t want champagne. The waiter disappeared for 30mins and upon asking for another pot of tea no milk was brought and yet more waiting. They food was overly priced for what we got. Others guests seemed to get more sandwiches and cakes than us, the sandwiches were dry as were the cakes. This was a Mother’s Day treat it was disappointing and not the “posh” experience my daughter had hoped to give me.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Vanessa C
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I downloaded the trip advisor app specifically to write his review thats how bad it was!

Where do I start?! Undoubtably the worst hotel stay of my life. The only reason we didn’t leave completely gutted is that the stay was a gift so hadn’t cost us anything. We had two rooms booked alongside another couple and both had young infants with us.

On arrival everything looked good, receptionist was there and nice enough, she checked us in explaining the unusual £25 deposit thing mentioned in other reviews which we just went along with out of ease. Given our room key with instructions on how to find the room. The room was tiny, smelly, dirty, the bed was tiny and mattress was Absolutely atrocious. It was also unbearably hot and several lightbulbs were out. The requested travel cot was up.

A bit miffed on meeting our friends in the bar to find out despite having the exact same groupon voucher as them for a “superior double room” theirs was a newly refurbed room and ours was as described above.

It soon became apparent there were only 3 staff members doing all the work. We didn’t ask to switch rooms because there was no one to ask as the receptionist was having to help waitress all evening. One Barman serving at the bar, making all drinks in the restaurant, and serving bar meals. One waitress for approx 10 restaurant tables. Everything a very long wait. Didn’t get our drinks until after starters came, had to ask several times for things. Staff were nice, but absolutely out of their depth and clearly embarrassed that they weren’t able to do their jobs properly as they were spread so thin. Myself and one of the other guests have run a hotel together before so we were sympathetic and didn’t complain, mainly because we weren’t paying for the stay ourselves and to not ruin the evening, We just tried to enjoy our evening and laughed about it over dinner rather than get annoyed.

Waitress was so busy she was almost running off when leaving food. The same staff were there the next morning! One member of staff for breakfast! Plates piled up on tables, no more coffee cups, no more plates, hot breakfast area very messy and the one member of staff topping up the hot food in a really sloppy way - Tupperware that had been used to microwave baked beans being used to pour them out. Pouring slices of bread out of a kingsmill bag, tried to get a high chair, all covered in food from days ago. Really foul.

Honestly there’s too much to write and I’m not really that fussed by the staff, they were friendly and we knew that they were working with what they had. The owners of this hotel However should be absolutely disgusted with themselves. It is an absolute embarrassment. We overheard that the waitress had been on shift for 17 hours and there was less than 8 hours until when she started work again at 7am when we went to bed, so god knows what time she actually left. It’s sad as she clearly cares to pull that shift yet you clearly don’t care about her working conditions by asking her to do it. We’ve been in the industry like I said, we all know shifts like that happen from time to time, but it clearly is the norm rather than the exception. The restaurant, bar area, mainly the seats were absolutely filthy. The overall vibe was of somewhere that was 3 months off from closing down ans they had just been ditched. I wouldn’t come back if you paid me, my back is in tatters from sleeping on a terrible mattress, and if it wouldn’t be incredibly embarrassing for the person who paid for the stay, I would definitely want the full cost refunded to them.

As a side note, food wasn’t terrible. It wasn’t restaurant quality but I did enjoy eating it mostly. Wine was nice, and the staff were doing what they could.

Room numbers 604 (our friends)
213 - (ours)

Sorry to have to leave such a negative review but I really strongly feel the blame lies with the owners for allowing things to deteriorate this much and they shouldn’t be given any business with their blatant lack of respect for the customers experience or their staffs wellbeing.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple