“Amazing!”

Skimmington Castle
Ranked #5 of 78 Restaurants in Reigate
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Currently operating as a Drive Thru service. Open Monday - Friday 4-9pm, Saturday 12am - 9pm & Sunday 12am-6pm based on a pre ordered booking system. Home cooked classic pub food including our famous fish pie and our traditional Sunday roasts. Saturdays & Sundays 9am - 12pm we offer build a breakfast bap and hot drinks for our customers walking past.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I went to the skimmington Castle on Saturday. The atmosphere was buzzing, the service was very good. All staff are friendly and happy to help. The food was amazing all home cooked. We ordered the pate and calamari to start. The mains were fish pie and the fish and chips. The dessert was butter scotch tart, so good. We didn't have to wait long at all for our food. My boyfriend is a ex chef so it's always a bit of a challenge where we go. I would totally recommend this place. Cant wait to go back.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (643)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We’re looking for a restaurant and came across this lovely place were we decided to give it a try! Staff were friendly despite all the COVID nonsense and they were regularly de sanitising the tables in between guests! But the most important thing is that I didn’t like my nut roast (out of personal preference) and the manager decided not to charge me! I found that very sweet and despite my insisting on paying, he was adamant! Well I would highly recommend the pub not because of the above incident but because of lovely surrounding AND outstanding service! Thank you and we will be back!!

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First meal out after lockdown with friends. We had burgers and then a selection of the home made desserts. The food was absolutely excellent. Home made, fresh, tasty - really really good. The staff were also excellent- friendly, helpful and relaxed. The desserts deserve special mention. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 9 May 2021

Chilly spontaneous drive by, on the off chance they could squeeze us in; drink, food & service with a smile lovely tucked away spot, guaranteed continued custom; I’ll be back!!

Date of visit: May 2021
Jules, General Manager at Skimmington Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for the lovely review, it is very much appreciated in such a difficult time for our industry. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Regards, Jules

Reviewed 5 May 2021

We visited on Bank Holiday Monday at lunchtime, the food, staff, atmosphere and even the weather was all perfect. We were very lucky with everything.
Well done to you all as it was very busy and also a wedding reception.

1  Thank 775gentianm

Thank you so much for the lovely review. I'm so glad you had a lovely time despite the weather. We hope to see you again soon :-)