“Birthday meal”

The Nook at The Royal Oak
Ranked #2 of 171 Restaurants in Nuneaton
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Went here as a treat for my birthday from my parents. Wow! The food was amazing and was so surprised as didn’t expect such nice food in a local pub! Staff very accommodating! Will definitely visit again soon!!!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I booked here for the family after reading the trip advisor reviews and we weren’t disappointed. We had Sunday roasts, gammon and although it wasn’t on the menu, the chef made a beautiful mac n cheese from scratch for the vegetarian in our party. The roasties were gorgeous and the portions were huge. The service was great and very friendly.
Overall a fab experience and we will definitely return

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Went here for a birthday meal and was pleasantly surprised! the dining area isn't huge but the service was great and the food was better. My steak was great, a quality piece of meat (apparently all their meat comes from local butcher Frank Parker). The mixed grill was huge and we also had the gammon steak which was huge! We also had food envy when the table next to us had burgers which looked really good.

This is a no frills, old style pub that happens to serve great food.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Went here for the first time for a evening meal and although busy, the service and the food were excellent. It has a very good menu for such a small restaurant and the food was piping hot and really good quality.

I have eat in a lot of places in Nuneaton and this is the best I have experienced and I will be returning very soon.

Would recommend booking in advance.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

This was our 4th visit to The Nook with four 'first-timer' friends .... and they were as impressed as I knew they would be :-D :-D
The food was prepared to such a high standard from a very wide and varied menu .... with such a friendly waitress.
Pork starter followed by Duck Ragout .... fab. My wife had the Brie starter which was excellent and the Duck with Noodles ... epic!!!
And the best value you'll ever get in Nuneaton or the surrounding area ... a MUST VISIT!!!

1  Thank GarethF33