“Sunday lunch ”
Review of The Bell Inn

The Bell Inn
Price range: US$10 - US$32
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely lunch here on Sunday. I had the steak pie which was outstanding. Great service and top food. Highly recommended

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Called in for lunch Friday with friends on our journey north
Good beer, and excellent hot sandwiches and baguettes enjoyed by us all
In very pleasant surroundings
A short lunch stopover for us. But all the food being served looked delicious and the service was very good

Reviewed 13 March 2018

We were lucky enough to book in for mothers day 2018 and were so impressed my daughter insisted we write a review. We arrived and were promptly shown to our table. I normally get the drinks at the bar first, as the initial service can be a little slow, I think some places like you to settle first, but not on this occasion I am pleased to confirm the wait from ordering drinks at our table to getting them was short....well impressed.
We duly ordered 2 x roast pork (both with Yorkshires no problem) 1 x roast beef and a breaded chicken & Garlic sauce dish. All were served promptly and by very pleasant staff. For the roasts, meat and roasties were served on the plate with the veg coming in separate bowls for us to help ourselves. All food was piping hot and delicious. The icing on the cake came from the owner as my daughter wanted a selection of ice creams but the ones she had has before where not on the menu. She mentioned this and within 5 minuets he checked the freezer, (and got wet doing so it was very rainy that day), but came back with a different selection from the menu and she went with that one. This was just one element of the "good service" we received at the Bell Welford on Avon and I feel he went above and beyond what he had to do, to give the customer satisfaction and a very good experience.
Would I recommend it to anyone - YES
Would I return again - YES
Without hesitation as we had a very good experience with friendly attentive staff, delicious food and service above and beyond which I feel is well worthy of this 5* review.
many thanks to all at the Bell, Welford on Avon "we'l be back"

2  Thank alansandra2014
Reviewed 9 March 2018

Had been advised to book by the B&B were were staying at, and was fairly busy when we arrived. Shown to our table by a friendly waitress who explain what was and was not available from menu. Drink order was taken but was very slow arriving, I order a pint of speckled hen, which when it arrived did not look right and definitely did not taste like speckled hen, so I returned it to the bar. Bar staff said it was the correct beer but on trying to pull a replacement said he would have to change the barrel. When the replacement eventually came it was better but still not up to the flavour or taste I am us to with speckled hen beer.
We both chose French onion soup for starters and this was very good, my main was fish and chips with minted mashed peas, which was okay, the chips were the skinny sort, much prefer proper large chips. My wife had a veggie curry which was more tomatoey than spicy, acceptable but had better.

1  Thank nowretire
Reviewed 9 March 2018

I met friends at this pub an had a excellent pub lunch in really lovely warm welcoming surroundings. The log burners were blazing, the tables were beautifully spread out over a very traditional slate floor and beamed ceiling spacious set of rooms. The bar staff were friendly and welcoming. The waiting staff were helpful and efficient.
I had a steak and mushroom pie, that was exceptional, thin crusty pastry over a fabulous meaty sauce. The steak was tender and the pie was just rammed to the top with massive chunks of beef in a rich mushrooms sauce. It was served with a side of mixed veg of which there was plenty of buttery carrots, green beans, peas and cauliflower and broccoli and I also got a bowl of crisp medium cut chips.
Sadly absolutely no room for pudding! Best steak and mushroom pie in a very very long time. Would thoroughly recommend for its traditional, authentic atmosphere and its excellent home cooked pub grub. My companions had fresh halibut and a fish finger sandwich with gorgeous chunky cut slabs of fish in breadcrumbs.