“Not good value.”

The Hideaway Retreat
Reviewed 15 February 2016

Room was large and clean but very old fashioned with furniture and fittings needing a total update. The views are very good. Parking is shockingly inadequate and it took 10 mins to get our car out from the hopeless mess of badly parked cars. The place is overpriced for what it provides and we were very disappointed with the whole experience.There is no insulation and the floor above us creaked for ages way into the night. We would not stay there again. It is not four stars!!!!!!

Room Tip: None that I can recommend
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 December 2015

Rooms were basic, and the whole place is in need of refurbishment. Breakfast was included and was not great. Home made bread was inedible. Not at all what we thought we were getting for nearly $200 per night.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Wendy P
Reviewed 5 September 2015 via mobile

This stunning homely accommodation is perfect to get away from the bustling city. I stayed 2 nights and went home completely recharged and rejuvenated. The room opens out to the Blue mountains , a lovely pool area and the beautiful sounds of the Australian bush. Crickets sing at night and the morning greets you with the sounds of roosters and birds.reminds me of my childhood. Tranquil and pretty accommodation only a short quiet and relaxing walk into town. Turn your phone off, leave your laptop home and bring a good book.you won't be disappointed. I look forward to coming back.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2015

My daughter and I planned a mother daughter weekend and I booked a hotel on WOTIF, I put in 4 star as the criteria as you may know you have to pay for a mystery hotel before you actually see it. My daughter and I arrived at the Hideaway at about 4pm on the 9 July 2015, the place was empty. At the receptionist desk a notice said call a number which we did, a friendly staff appeared and showed us to our room.The room allocated to us was room 20 at the end of a corridor, we had to pass the other 19 rooms all open and in darkness to get to our room and the corridor was dimly lit. We were informed by the receptionist that there is no kitchen and there will be a continental breakfast (meaning two cereals and a plate of melons). A warm breakfast is available starting at $15.00 for two eggs and bacon.

We seemed to be the only ones there, we left our bags in the room which was okay but not four star, and rushed of to Leura. We came back around 6pm and the whole place was in complete darkness, we actually only had my car headlights to see the entrance to the hotel.

This turned out to be a very disappointing break for my daughter and I.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank bashisingh
Reviewed 9 June 2015 via mobile

It was very pleasant.. it's own Bush walk trail and quiet room.. excellent service. The beds are huge scenery Devine... Even have us cutlery when needed for dinner....
Always service with a smile and everything was done quickly

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends