See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 December 2015

Rooms were basic, and the whole place is in need of refurbishment. Breakfast was included and was not great. Home made bread was inedible. Not at all what we thought we were getting for nearly $200 per night.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Wendy P
Reviewed 5 September 2015 via mobile

This stunning homely accommodation is perfect to get away from the bustling city. I stayed 2 nights and went home completely recharged and rejuvenated. The room opens out to the Blue mountains , a lovely pool area and the beautiful sounds of the Australian bush. Crickets sing at night and the morning greets you with the sounds of roosters and birds.reminds me of my childhood. Tranquil and pretty accommodation only a short quiet and relaxing walk into town. Turn your phone off, leave your laptop home and bring a good book.you won't be disappointed. I look forward to coming back.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2015

My daughter and I planned a mother daughter weekend and I booked a hotel on WOTIF, I put in 4 star as the criteria as you may know you have to pay for a mystery hotel before you actually see it. My daughter and I arrived at the Hideaway at about 4pm on the 9 July 2015, the place was empty. At the receptionist desk a notice said call a number which we did, a friendly staff appeared and showed us to our room.The room allocated to us was room 20 at the end of a corridor, we had to pass the other 19 rooms all open and in darkness to get to our room and the corridor was dimly lit. We were informed by the receptionist that there is no kitchen and there will be a continental breakfast (meaning two cereals and a plate of melons). A warm breakfast is available starting at $15.00 for two eggs and bacon.

We seemed to be the only ones there, we left our bags in the room which was okay but not four star, and rushed of to Leura. We came back around 6pm and the whole place was in complete darkness, we actually only had my car headlights to see the entrance to the hotel.

This turned out to be a very disappointing break for my daughter and I.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank bashisingh
Reviewed 9 June 2015 via mobile

It was very pleasant.. it's own Bush walk trail and quiet room.. excellent service. The beds are huge scenery Devine... Even have us cutlery when needed for dinner....
Always service with a smile and everything was done quickly

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Theping
Reviewed 20 March 2015

At first my wife had reservations of staying here as the reception and building looked bit older and as others have noted quirky or as having old school charm, but after we switched from upstairs to downstairs room and enjoyed our first 2 nights as we originally booked we added an extra night as we relaxed and appreciated the hotel for what it is. A place to wind back and relax, and even though free wi-fi is available and with quality beds in each room (perfect height to give partner massage with free massage oil and hand crafted soaps provided) the older touches of the hotel and theming of einstein or mozart throughout are the feauture that stands out and gives the hideaway its charm and character. The hidden room behind the bookcase was a suprise we only discovered on last day which left me wondering what else I may have missed. The breakfast was simple but satisfying and the games room was a nice place to relax at the end of the day with free pool table, board games and xbox. As it is downstairs out of way we didnt have to worry about it closing a 9pm like a lot of games rooms and as blue mountains isnt exactly a night hotspot it was where we relaxed each night after dinner. But there was also fire place to relax if games arent your thing in reception area. The hosts were very friendly I highly recommend staying here as a nice retreat for couple looking to get away and rewind.

Room Tip: downstairs if smoke as door opens to garden but view is better from upstairs
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple