All reviewsthe east coasthot breakfastbreakfast includedvery nice placesliding door to the balconydining areacomfortable bedmakeoverinletbridge
Reviewed 12 November 2017

As a Tasmanian I'm a bit upset that places like this still exist. The hotel is past its use by date. Staff are unfriendly. The Manager is just plain rude. Rooms are musty. Food is average. I didn't stay for the breakfast. There are better places over the bridge.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Hobartmilly
Reviewed 7 November 2017

1. Manager the rudest person we have met in a long time, how does he last here we are not sure. Our room was not serviced so let him know. It was “our fault” he said. Rooms not cleaned very well, showers black around the base. Bedspreads dirty, one had dried blood on it. Food well below a counter meal, steaks cooked to very well done when we asked for medium rare, tough too. Had “a refurbished” room - what a joke, they need a refurbishment again (Managers words!). Complained about room smelling of cigarettes, Manager just said can’t do much about that. Breakfast appalling, don’t bother.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LucystellaAustralia
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

The manager of this motel would be the most arrogant, disrespectful and disorganised person that I have ever encountered in all my travels. Definitely not suited to the hospitality industry. The rooms are average along with the rest of the establishment

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank Dazza1313
Reviewed 6 September 2017

We travelled from hobart to stay here & wished we hadn't bothered. We should have known something wasn't right when we tried to ring the hotel every 5 minutes to warn them of our late arrival & got no response. We arrived starving & was told they could cook us something if we were quick to order. I would rather have starved then to have gone through the worst meal ever cooked. I'm no chef but even I know what medium/rare means & it certainly doesn't look like the underside of a gumboot!! Dead, dropped & stood on with a coating of soot!!!
This could be a great hotel but it needs a complete overall from the staff to the rooms & def the food.
My advise is Don't Bother find somewhere else please.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Were do I start the kitchen staff taking a cigarette break in the walkway when we came back with dinner wasn't the worst even for someone with asthma.
The bathroom was grotty and had condensation moist dust on the old hairdryer holder and the peeling paint and bathroom mould didn't warm our hearts.
The big old TV that didn't pick up anything other than 7 mate no news.
The beach view in this old and outdated room didn't make up for the cheap mattress and uncomfortable bed. The cane table and two chairs originally white looking cushions with staining all for $125 a night.
Back to the B'n'b that's just down the road clean and comfortable with modern facilities
For evidence we did take photos.

The continental breakfast did nothing to make up for the experience multiple white plastic toasters set out bread that tasted and looked like the cheapest selection at least they have made a start on the reception and dining room decor however still some yet. when we were there.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business