All reviews the east coast small balcony pirate ship plenty of parking negative reviews boxing day excellent value dining area queen room local area river inlet
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for 1 night and found it to be a very low rating budget hotel. At midnight the smoke alarm battery activated a beeping noise which lasted till morning. When I informed the manager in the morning he gave excuses why it was not his problem and did not even apologise!!

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dawn S
Reviewed 12 November 2017

As a Tasmanian I'm a bit upset that places like this still exist. The hotel is past its use by date. Staff are unfriendly. The Manager is just plain rude. Rooms are musty. Food is average. I didn't stay for the breakfast. There are better places over the bridge.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Hobartmilly
Reviewed 7 November 2017

1. Manager the rudest person we have met in a long time, how does he last here we are not sure. Our room was not serviced so let him know. It was “our fault” he said. Rooms not cleaned very well, showers black around the base. Bedspreads dirty, one had dried blood on it. Food well below a counter meal, steaks cooked to very well done when we asked for medium rare, tough too. Had “a refurbished” room - what a joke, they need a refurbishment again (Managers words!). Complained about room smelling of cigarettes, Manager just said can’t do much about that. Breakfast appalling, don’t bother.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank LucystellaAustralia
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

The manager of this motel would be the most arrogant, disrespectful and disorganised person that I have ever encountered in all my travels. Definitely not suited to the hospitality industry. The rooms are average along with the rest of the establishment

Date of stay: October 2017
1  Thank Dazza1313
Reviewed 6 September 2017

We travelled from hobart to stay here & wished we hadn't bothered. We should have known something wasn't right when we tried to ring the hotel every 5 minutes to warn them of our late arrival & got no response. We arrived starving & was told they could cook us something if we were quick to order. I would rather have starved then to have gone through the worst meal ever cooked. I'm no chef but even I know what medium/rare means & it certainly doesn't look like the underside of a gumboot!! Dead, dropped & stood on with a coating of soot!!!
This could be a great hotel but it needs a complete overall from the staff to the rooms & def the food.
My advise is Don't Bother find somewhere else please.

Date of stay: August 2017