“Disgusting food”

The Wharf Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #10 of 26 Restaurants in St Helens
Price range: US$9 - US$62
Description: The Wharf Bar & Kitchen is a unique over-the-water eatery situated on St George's Bay in St Helens, offering fine dining and takeaway options 7 days a week. We specialise in creating an experience with fresh Tasmanian produce. Open for lunch and dinner, there is also a tavern for you to enjoy a refreshing ale while taking in the amazing views of St Georges Bay.
Reviewed 5 March 2021

The fish & chips were so oily it was inedible. The ham & pineapple pizza was all cheese also inedible. The “barista”made coffee was lukewarm & we wondered if they forgot the coffee. I would never go back disgusting food

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (170)

Reviewed 1 March 2021

Dinner tonight was absolutely delicious. My husband had the seafood Laksa - which I tried - so yummy and full of seafood. Our daughter had the steak and she said it was superb. I had the fish of the day - Salmon with orange and fennel sauce. - I had to borrow my husband's spoon so I could have the the remainder of the sauce. The staff are so friendly and the service excellent.
We are staying at the Big 4 and they offer a great service - a shuttle to and from the restaurant.
We can highly recommend both the Big 4 and also The Wharf Bar & Kitchen.

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank sgoggins3
Reviewed 28 February 2021

Staff were pleasant & service was good .. starters of brie on bread & bruschetta was good....the rest was not worth ordering ...my sister had the lasca was like a thick curry which was sent back & actually refunded her meal ...I had the the scotch fillet steak very grisly but cooked well sitting on chips which I hate should of been on sizzle stone & too expensive ...overall small meals at huge price even the wine nothing under $50....we were all not impressed as we so love our fine dining experiences. After spending $280 ...not happy ...,.....cooked a beautiful marina spaghetti next night with homemade garlic bread for all... everyone said 'balisomo' baby best meal of all...just found ingredients at home .....sorry Wharfe restaurant not good for us....

Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

Staying in St.Helens overnight and after a long day travelling we were looking for a quick and early dinner. Service first class, friendly and the food very good. Local oysters and the Spanner Crab & chilli pasta were

1  Thank PeterKatrina6269
Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

Such beautiful views over the bay. We received great service, friendly and well informed staff. Delicious fresh seafood and salad. Great chips!